Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brad(big country) Eldred fro0m the Pirates

Brad(big country) Eldred fro0m the Pirates

My dad is a pirates fan and he told me that were Eldred is in the last year of his contract and it looks like he won't get a really good opertunity to prove himself to the Bucs that they will probably not resign him after the season.My question is if all these trades/rumors go down with the reds then would you consider signing the guy to a little contract say about 500,000 for one year??
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brad(big country) Eldred fro0m the Pirates

Eldred is a 1B/OF, right? I wouldn't mind taking a look at him as a backup who provides power off the bench, but I don't see anywhere for him to play unless some of these deals actually happen (of which I am doubtful).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I think Eldred would be a cheap power laden guy to pair with Votto next year. I think Votto will neeed a RH half for at least a year or two.

If he could be had for a waiver claim or as a return for dumping a suspect (Majewski? Shackelford?), it would be OK IMO. I wouldn't give up any real value for him. There are guys like him available as minor league free agents every year.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Eldred isn't a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Eldred isn't a free agent.

Well I don't know but dad told me he was plus he said he was out of options so they can't send him back down and if they do then other teams could pick him up.Dad said last night he was'nt for sure but he thought that the pittsburg chanel said the mets picked him up.I don't know!!

Im like big klu,if we could have gotten him it would be for a backup BUT did'nt votto start practicing in left field a while back??
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

He's with the Pirates for about 4 more years.

Turn Off Ads?