*5.Minnesota-Al Horford(PF-Florida)
    6.Milwaukee-Corey Brewer(SF-Florida
    7.Minnesota-Jeff Green(SF-Georgetown)
    8.Charlotte-Yi Jinlain(PF-China)
    9.Chicago-Spencer Hawes(C-Washington)
    10.Sacramento-Joakim Noah(PF-Florida)
    11.Atlanta-Acie Law III(Texas A&M)
    12.Philadelphia-Nick Young(SG-USC)
    13.New Orleans-Al Thornton(SF-Florida St)
    14.LA Clippers-Javaris Crittenton(PG-Georgia Tech)
    15.Detroit-Rodney Stuckey(PG-Eastern Wash)
    16.Washington-Juilan Wright(SF-Kansas)
    17.New Jersey-Josh McRoberts(PF-Duke)
    18.Golden St-Thaddeus Young(SF-Georgia Tech)
    *19.Indiana-Derrick Byars(SF-Vanderbilt)
    20.Miami-Tiago Splitter(PF-Brazil)
    21.Philadelphia-Morris Almond(SG-Rice)
    22.Charlotte-Daequan Cook(SG-Ohio St)
    23.New York-Alando Tucker(SF-Wisconsin)
    *24.Minnesota-Arron Afflalo(SG-UCLA)
    25.Utah-Marco Bellinni(SG-Italy)
    26.Houston-Aaron Brooks(PG-Oregon)
    27.Detroit-Jared Dudley(SF-Boston College)
    28.San Antonio-Rudy Fernandez(SG-Spain)
    *29.Minnesota-Taurean Green(PG-Florida)
    30.Philadelphia-Glen Davis(C-LSU)

*In a three way trade, the Boston Celtics acquire Shawn Marion, Phoenix acquires Kevin Garnett, and the Timberwolves acquire Kurt Thomas, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, and picks 5, 24, and 29.

*LA Lakers acquire Jermaine O'Neal from the Indiana Pacers for Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, and the 19th overall pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: NBA Mock Draft

If the Hawks don't take Conley or Horford, the city of Atlanta might riot. Billy Knight has drafted wrong too many times to not make the safe pick with the 2 picks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    If the Hawks don't take Conley or Horford, the city of Atlanta might riot. Billy Knight has drafted wrong too many times to not make the safe pick with the 2 picks this year.
    Yeah they really have to take Horford. I like Conley a lot and Brandon Wright is good, but Horford is a stud.

got alil captain in u?

trailblazers gm kevin pritchard is still said to be undecided on who to take with the last pick. With the blazers luck with drafts he better go with oden so he's not remembered as the guy who picked durant over oden.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    trailblazers gm kevin pritchard is still said to be undecided on who to take with the last pick. With the blazers luck with drafts he better go with oden so he's not remembered as the guy who picked durant over oden.
    If I am the Blazers, I would take Durant over Oden. Both players are going to be stars, but Durant fits the style of play more and would give the Blazers an excellent starting four along with Randolph, Aldridge, and Roy. They still need a PG, but can address that with FA or let Jarrett Jack lead the team. However, when you have the best big man in the draft and a fan base wanting to win again, you have to take the purely best player available, and that is Oden.

There is a trade rumor going around with Richard Jefferson going to Portland for Zach Randolph, so that could work out for Oden to Portland.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

*In a three way trade, the Boston Celtics acquire Shawn Marion, Phoenix acquires Kevin Garnett, and the Timberwolves acquire Kurt Thomas, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, and picks 5, 24, and 29.
    I'm hoping this deal doesn't go down I am hoping for my Bulls to make a play for KG. Kobe isn't a likely scenario for us IMO.

Or that we would somehow end up with either Horford, B. Wright, Conley or Brewer. We may be packaging Duhon #9 and perhaps another player to move up.

But I will settle for Hawes, at least he has some offensive game and he is above 6 foot 9.

I don't wanna take Noah, Green, Wright, Thornton or Jianlin. But I would take Jianlin or Noah in that order if that was the best left of these 5.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I'm hoping this deal doesn't go down I am hoping for my Bulls to make a play for KG. Kobe isn't a likely scenario for us IMO.

Or that we would somehow end up with either Horford, B. Wright, Conley or Brewer. We may be packaging Duhon #9 and perhaps another player to move up.

But I will settle for Hawes, at least he has some offensive game and he is above 6 foot 9.

I don't wanna take Noah, Green, Wright, Thornton or Jianlin. But I would take Jianlin or Noah in that order if that was the best left of these 5.
    I dont think it will happen and I have updated my mock on another board. Its too much for the Celtics to give up for Marion and any deal involving KG would have to involve Amare or Jefferson.

I do think the Celtics will trade the pick. As a Celtics fan, I have zero confidence in Danny Ainge right now and I wouldnt be surprised if he does trade the pick for somebody like Marion or Kirilenko.

From what I have been reading, Memphis could take Noah at 4, and Phoenix is trying to move up to get him as well.

I'm going to be really disappointed when the Hawks pass on Conley. They've already got 11 6' 9" guys, the absolute last thing they need is another, especially with their gaping hole at the point.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I fully expect Billy Knight to flub this draft, just like he's flubbed about everything else during his tenure.

And what's really sad is that regardless of what Billy Knight does, only about 8 people in the entire MSA are going to notice / care.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I'm going to be really disappointed when the Hawks pass on Conley. They've already got 11 6' 9" guys, the absolute last thing they need is another, especially with their gaping hole at the point.
    From everything I have read, they have guaranteed Acie Law with their second pick, so it really makes no sense for Law and Conley to be drafted together.

I think I should be the Pacer's GM. I figured out a way for us to get Nash and Kobe and we wouldn't have to give up that much. ESPN's trade machine is so realistic it's like you really are the GM. Take a look at this trade I worked out with Phoenix and LA. It really works best for all the teams involved. I could really see this happening, I am going to email it to Bird and Walsh.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...11~13~21~21~13
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    From everything I have read, they have guaranteed Acie Law with their second pick, so it really makes no sense for Law and Conley to be drafted together.
    Heard a little talk about Law at 11 but hadn't seen the guarantee. Even so, guarantees tend to get broken quite a bit so I'm not ready to take that to the bank. Saw something about them maybe trading picks with Boston so the Celtics could get the big Chinese guy at 3 and Conley would go to Atlanta at 5, I'd be happy with that.

Heard a little talk about Law at 11 but hadn't seen the guarantee. Even so, guarantees tend to get broken quite a bit so I'm not ready to take that to the bank. Saw something about them maybe trading picks with Boston so the Celtics could get the big Chinese guy at 3 and Conley would go to Atlanta at 5, I'd be happy with that.
    Too many problems with that.

If Boston trades up, Jinlain likely would not be the target. I think the Celtics would do it banking on the Hawks passing on Horford. Not to mention Conley has to get past the Grizzlies, who could still take him over Noah.

As far as guarantees being broken, remember the Hawks guaranteed to take Shelden Williams higher than he was actually worth.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As far as guarantees being broken, remember the Hawks guaranteed to take Shelden Williams higher than he was actually worth.
    They take lots of players higher than they're worth!

I do like the new rumor of Amare Stoudamire coming to town. That's worth two draft picks and some expiring contracts. Don't know if they'll actually pull it off though.

They take lots of players higher than they're worth!

I do like the new rumor of Amare Stoudamire coming to town. That's worth two draft picks and some expiring contracts. Don't know if they'll actually pull it off though.
    Just heard on Sportscenter during Dan Patrick that the three way between Boston, Phoenix, and Minnesota is back on. Phoenix getting KG, Boston getting Marion(assuming he signs off), and Minnesota getting Theo Ratliff, Kurt Thomas, Delonte West, and the no 5 pick.

I think I am liking Danny Ainge less than I liked Dan O'Brien.(Jury is still out on Krivsky)

Turn Off Ads?