Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I'm going to be someone's father...

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

So I'm going to be someone's father...

As some around here already know - my wife and I are happy to pass around that we are expecting the birth of our first child come the end of November.

Since over the years Redszone has become somewhat of an extended family, over the last several years I've posted on here discussions about a way to ask my wife to marry me, about when I actually did the task, about our wedding and so on. So this is just par for the course.

I created a baby journal for my family & friends to track the progress. Originally I had only planned on using it just until the baby was born, but the feedback from my family members out of town (and even in town) I think we're going to keep this rolling as our child gets older - as a quick way for family to keep track - as long as I keep updating it. I've enjoyed making it - it's gotten me excited about our new little tyke, and my family loves it.

Anyway - here's the baby journal link.

http://baby.erinandjosh.net

Sometime down the road when we figure out what the baby will be and decide on a name, we'll rebrand the site & call it something different. For now it remains as the "baby to be named later"

As always with my web projects any feedback is welcome and encouraged. Has anyone else done something like this?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: So I'm going to be someone's father...

Congrats, Josh. That news is very cool.

I wish I'd had web hosting back when my kids were small. It would have been great for the grandparents and other relatives, who have lived in another state as long as I've had kids.

If you're going to keep those memories on a web host, be sure to back it up regularly. I've had a couple of hosts I was using go out of business and my data went away with their server, so I've learned the hard way the importance of backing up my sites monthly. OTOH, my local hard drives are lucky to get backed up biannually.
    /r/reds

Congrats, Josh!

The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Great idea Josh. My mom has kept a journal - handwritten - about my son from the day he was born (5/31/96). She has written in it every day. It's just the coolest thing in the world and I'm sure one day it will be a source of joy for him and great humor for his kids - "dad, the day you asked grandma why she didn't have a penis...what were you thinking?!?!"

Congrats Josh. Nothing in the world as joyous as being a parent.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

The months leading up to the first one are great (at least for the dad to be.) I wish I'd have had the wits to keep some kind of a journal because the first six months of my son's life were so different and busy and sleepless that my memories of the prenatal period are only about half intact.

Good luck!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

For a Level Playing Field

Congratulations to you and the Mrs., Josh!

p.s. Be sure to teach that child how to bat LH... whether for baseball or softball.

Congratulations!

Josh, congratulations, my man. When I heard the news from my wife that she was pregnant for the first time, I got a big lump in my throat, all of the thoughts about *man* I have a lot of growing up to do, etc. Now, about ready to become a father for the third time, I can't picture life any other way. I wouldn't know what to do with myself without them. Yeah, it'd be nice to get an occasional weekend away alone with my wife, but even when that does happen, most of the time I'm thinking about seeing them again, or what they're doing, or stuff I forgot to tell them before I left. It's a great thing, being a Dad. Enjoy it and make sure you spend tons of time with your wife before the baby comes. Things will change and that alone time seems to dwindle as the years go on. Best of luck to you and your wife, Josh. I'll be checking your website as the day approaches and into the future.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Congratulations Josh.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Also, I have applied for an account, so don't deny me.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Congrats, Josh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Congratulations
    Go Gators!

Awesome stuff, Josh.

Vladimir. Just remember who suggested it first.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! (Wally is a good name )

Josh, you're the man.

Turn Off Ads?