Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Have you stopped caring about the Reds?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • My interest is damaged by management's sloth. I'm boycotting their advertisers' products.

4 6.35%
  • Changes must be made by the trading deadline or I'm not spending money on the Reds.

18 28.57%
  • I'm willing to wait until the offseason to see if they make improvements.

15 23.81%
  • I'll continue to spend money on the Reds, even if management does nothing.

26 41.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your interest in the Reds drifting?

Is your interest in the Reds drifting?

I don't like the fact Narron hasn't been fired. Period. The team is on track to its worst season ever. Ever.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is your interest in the Reds drifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    I don't like the fact Narron hasn't been fired. Period. The team is on track to its worst season ever. Ever.
    agreed. I am a lot more interested in the minor league forum these days.
    Go BLUE!!!

The first place I go is also the Minor League Forum. The future looks bright down on the farm and it makes a disappointing season a little less harder to take. Even my wife has stopped asking me nightly when I finally come to bed if the Reds won or not.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nope. Baseball is baseball. Doesn't mean I'm not dissapointed with the direction of the team or decisions made. But I'm not going to give up on my team simply because they are in the midsts of a years long crap fest.

I've been watching more games of other teams on mlb.tv, but my interest in the Reds remains constant.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Sorry, despite the heartbreak of this season, I still try to catch the games on radio when I can. I like our basic core of starters and think they're an exciting team when things are clicking. Pitching continues to be a crapshoot, whether starting or relief, but there are some decent things going on when things go right.

And who the manager is has nothing to do with whether I remain a fan or not. That seems somewhat fair weather, doesn't it?

My interest really hasn't drifted as much as I would have thought. I still sit in front of the TV with a cold beer and hope, I even smile once in a while. My expectations are so low that just a good hit makes me excited so what the heck. Everyday I do check to see how low the Yanks have gone and that's been pretty satisfying so.... It's baseball and it's not my money, I still love to watch the games.

My interest has already started to drift. I watch them when they are on but once the bengals and buckeyes start with football I am probably going to be done with the reds.

I don't care who is on the field, nothing will stop me from seeing my beloved Reds. I'll go to a game any chance I get and if I'm not there in person I'll have the tv or radio on every single day until October.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'm paying for MLB.TV and the only game I've watched in the past 2 weeks was Friday's 16-run outburst. Maybe if I'd watch more, they'd win more?

I voted for the third option, because I don't want an interim manager that gets the job for the next 2 years and I wasn't expecting to have the opportunity to spend any more on the Reds in the first place.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 06-25-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    I don't like the fact Narron hasn't been fired.
    I'm OK with Narron surviving the season---but only if it means the Reds hire someone in the off season that knows what the heck they're doing. I don't want to see another interim manager being hired full-time and I'm afraid that would happen if Narron was canned now.

Rem

Yay!

Sadly, I had to vote for the 4th option. My father is going to be in town this weekend and we're planning on going to all 3 games in the Cards series. Gluttons for punishment, we are.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I ordered EI this year and, despite my travel schedule, I've managed to see about half the Reds games and I've actually enjoyed them, for the most part. Of course, I wrote off this season long ago and my enjoyment stems mostly from watching the young guys and Jr.

I spend most of my viewing trying to figure out who I would rebuild this outhouse around next winter and trying to see which youngsters might figure into the equasion for the next couple of years.

As bad as this division is, unless some team makes a clear breakthrough over the winter, every team has a chance for '08. I'm hopeing the Reds will be that team.

Rem

I still follow every game.

I like Special K...I am not as crazy about Narron but...not much you can do when your BP has totally tanked on you to this point...so, does a manager change change the play? Does it save the season? Or is it simply change for the sake of change?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Not really. Didn't expect much from this years team.

If I could get EI (I have DISH) I would probably be watching them nearly every game. As it is I listen to some of each game or follow it on the RZ game thread. I will be with them to the end as I always have. I can remember back in that awful 1982 season turning on the radio and listening to part of the last game of the season. So if I could do it then I will do the same now.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?