Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jerry Narron: 2 Strikes and no balls

Re: Jerry Narron: 2 Strikes and no balls

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Reds Fan View Post

I'm not saying I don't like the switch. But if Griffey is making....

You got me. Thing is, I really was just talking about Narron lying. But now that you mention it, if Jr has to ask to play during those circumstances, then yes, I would question that too.

Ned Flanders is my favorite character on Simpsons by the way, so no harm intended.

"That was very...umm...interesting music, Marty."
    Last edited by Ludwig Reds Fan; 06-25-2007 at 07:30 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Narron's credibility is rapidly going down the drain with Reds fans and it's easy to understand why. Please read on.

Dick Wagner fired Sparky Anderson alledgedly for losing control of his team/players. Has Narron ever had or exhibited control here? So many Reds players are fundamentally unsound, year after year of ever-increasing strikeouts by Reds batters, no understanding of "little ball", a train wreck on the basepaths and while that may not be entirely Narron's fault, it is Narron's fault for allowing this amateurish play to continue. Do any of the Reds players understand what role they have on the team and what they should correctly do in any given circumstance while playing in a game?

Strange thing is when the Reds were playing the Texas Rangers, I decided to look at the Rangers' forum. I found quite a few people saying that when the team fired Jerry Narron it was "THE WORST" move the Rangers have done in the past several years. Narron had a better cast of players back then and managing in the American League is so much easier with the DH, so maybe Krivsky can trade Narron to Texas for.... some more bull. Texas Bull that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Narron's credibility is rapidly going down the drain with Reds fans and it's easy to understand why. Please read on.

Dick Wagner fired Sparky Anderson alledgedly for losing control of his team/players. Has Narron ever had or exhibited control here? So many Reds players are fundamentally unsound, year after year of ever-increasing strikeouts by Reds batters, no understanding of "little ball", a train wreck on the basepaths and while that may not be entirely Narron's fault, it is Narron's fault for allowing this amateurish play to continue. Do any of the Reds players understand what role they have on the team and what they should correctly do in any given circumstance while playing in a game?
    As constructed, its not really a "little ball" team.

Maybe they need Earl Weaver?

Turn Off Ads?