Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Will You Be Rooting For?

Re: Who Will You Be Rooting For?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I just have a question for Reds Freak. Why does a team I want to win also have to realistic? I mean, just because me dating Jessica Alba is unrealistic doesn't/shouldn't mean I don't want to.

(And I really do mean this as an honest question. Not trying to be snarky)
    It was just for the sake of discussion. I suppose if you want the Royals, Pirates, and Devil Rays to win their divisions by all means root for them but it doesn't make much sense. Just like if you were compiling a list of possible candidates to ask on a date it wouldn't make much sense for Jessica Alba to head that list. I want to date Jessica Alba too but I don't sit around all day hoping it will come true.

Reds44, of course we will all still be rooting for the Reds, I was just asking since the Reds are out of it who you would like to see in the playoffs.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'll be rooting for the Bengals because I can't root for another major league baseball team.
    I am the same way. I feel like a traitor if I root for another team. I can't even wear another teams cap.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan View Post
    I am the same way. I feel like a traitor if I root for another team. I can't even wear another teams cap.
    This thread isn't asking you to give your allegiance to another team other than the Reds. Can't you pull for another team to make the playoffs? I mean if I am watching, say, the Yankees play the Blue Jays I will always root for the Blue Jays to win. Just because I am rooting for the Blue Jays doesn't make me a traitor...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I mean if I am watching, say, the Yankees play the Blue Jays I will always root for the Blue Jays to win. Just because I am rooting for the Blue Jays doesn't make me a traitor...
    Yeah, but those are AL teams. Personally I was kinda pulling for the Twins to win the AL last year, but never really got into it. However, in the NL, I wanted all the teams to simultaneously lose. I lived in St. Louis the last few years (just recently moved back to Cincinnati) and even though my best friend was a Cards fan, I couldn't get myself to root them on to victory. Maybe that's just me, though.

Yeah, but those are AL teams. Personally I was kinda pulling for the Twins to win the AL last year, but never really got into it. However, in the NL, I wanted all the teams to simultaneously lose. I lived in St. Louis the last few years (just recently moved back to Cincinnati) and even though my best friend was a Cards fan, I couldn't get myself to root them on to victory. Maybe that's just me, though.
    That was different, last year the Reds were in the race. So even when the Reds are 93 games under .500 like this year, you can't pull yourself to root for the Milwaukee Brewers to make the playoffs?
    -Walt Whitman

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    That was different, last year the Reds were in the race. So even when the Reds are 93 games under .500 like this year, you can't pull yourself to root for the Milwaukee Brewers to make the playoffs?
    Nope, I'll have spent 6 months wanting them to lose every single game they play. I just can't bring myself to suddenly start wanting them to win. Maybe it's Prince's blubber jiggling, or Jenkins' ugly mug, or the way Bill Hall constantly crushes the Reds, but for whatever reason, the Brewers annoy the crap out of me. Always have and probably always will.

Nope, I'll have spent 6 months wanting them to lose every single game they play. I just can't bring myself to suddenly start wanting them to win. Maybe it's Prince's blubber jiggling, or Jenkins' ugly mug, or the way Bill Hall constantly crushes the Reds, but for whatever reason, the Brewers annoy the crap out of me. Always have and probably always will.
    Haha, okay you don't like the Brewers. I gotta believe there's a National League team out there that you would like to see make it to the playoffs in a season where the Reds have absolutely no shot and the other team's winning would have no impact on the Reds?
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?