Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: 101 things sports fans must experience

I've witnessed 2 of them

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I've witnessed 2 of them
    I've witnessed two also. MLB All Star Game and a LL game. A lot of these are events,IMO not really sporting events. Such as the Wife Carrying Event. Kinda silly if you ask me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I've only been to four (OSU-Michigan, Opening Day, Little League Game, Cubs game in bleachers).

That Minnesota town ball with the "Field of Dreams" fields sounds very interesting. Anyone ever been to these?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Pretty neat.

I've witnessed 21.

41. An NBA game from courtside (winter-spring, any NBA city). You'll never again say they don't hustle.
    He's dead right about this one. Got some tix to see the Jazz-Pacers up close one night in Indy. I walked away believing that John Stockton is the meanest, toughest SOB that ever lived and that Mark Jackson was #2. Got to sit with the photogs on the floor a couple weeks later for a 1st round playoff game. I'd swear Stacey Augmon is 7'10" tall. I've been fascinated by the NBA ever since.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I've done 4, 5, 22 (sort of), 34, 73 (sort of), 85 & 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Pretty neat.

I've witnessed 21.
    Wow, I think we might have our winner...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I've done the following:
    #11 Premier League game twice (Fulham v Chelsea, Chelsea v Aston Villa last season)
    #15 Red Sox-Yankees game in New York (Bleacher seats 9/9/01)
    #22 Cubs game in Wrigley Field Bleachers (numerous times)
    #34 MLB Opening Day (few times)
    #61 Midnight Madness (couple of times at UC)
    #90 Little League games (who hasn't)
    #99 Harlem Globetrotters game (once when I was younger)

I've sat in the bleachers at a Cubs-Cards game. It's a similar experience to getting very drunk and playing Rugby with your friends -- tightly packed and uncomfortable, with semi-genial competitive feelings gradually turning to anger and violence.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66 View Post
    I've done the following:
    #15 Red Sox-Yankees game in New York (Bleacher seats 9/9/01)
    You were in NY two days before the WTC attack? Were you still in NY on 9/11?

I didn't count how many events I had done on their list. I know it's more than 5. Probably less than 15 total, though. No where near dabvu's total, although I could add the Little Brown Jug and the Rose Bowl to my list this coming year.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

1, 5, 6, 17, 63, 75 & 90.

Been to a Cubs game, but not in the bleachers. Been to both a Red Sox and Yankees game, but not against each other.

A neighbor and I have tentative plans to get to #8 next year. Even if it's just a practice round.

I've made it to nine on the list (roughly):

5. NCAA subregional. Had tickets for all the Dayton games last year. Michigan State, North Carolina, George Mason, Ohio State, Georgetown.... Absolutely fabulous basketball just 15 minutes from my house.
    17. Michigan-Ohio State football. I've been to three of these; two in Columbus and one in that state up north. They were all during the '90's so they all had sad endings (for me at least).
    22. Cubs game in the Wrigley bleachers. Been to Wrigley a handful of times. Never actually sat in the bleachers but sat next to them a couple times...close enough that I'm counting this one.
    23. A game at Notre Dame. I've been there about 5 or 6 times. Saw the '95 ND-Northwestern game the year that NW won and came out of nowhere to win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl. Was also at the 17-17 tie with Michigan in '92.
    32. The Indy 500. Been to a lot of these, 10+.
    34. MLB Opening Day. Been to 18 of these and counting.
    53. Green Bay Packers game in the snow. It wasn't in the snow but I was at the GB-Cincinnati game the day that Don Majikowski got hurt and some kid named Favre came in and led the Packers to the victory. Another sad outcome for me.
    87. "Monday Night Football". Been to one and after October 1 I will have been to three. I'm old, cranky, and very set in my ways...I much prefer a 1:00 Sunday start. Too much to plan around to go to a Monday Night game.
    90. Little League game. Been to them, played in them.

I've made it to a whopping one event on the list - a Globetrotters game when I was a kid. Then again, most of this list I'm really not that interested in, and the ones I am are mostly out of my price range, so I'll just be happy with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    You were in NY two days before the WTC attack? Were you still in NY on 9/11?

I didn't count how many events I had done on their list. I know it's more than 5. Probably less than 15 total, though. No where near dabvu's total, although I could add the Little Brown Jug and the Rose Bowl to my list this coming year.
    No, we left that same night. We're in town for my sister-in-law's wedding. We visited the WTC a couple of days earlier and didn't go up because we thought it was too expensive.

2 for me, Opening Day and Little League

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?