Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thread in the SunDeck

Interesting thread in the SunDeck

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59710

Basically the question that user Jim Fazio asked was...
    What would it take for you to stop liking the Reds and have another as your favorite team?
    I know we discuss what team we're going to cheer on during the Playoffs and Series when the Reds are out of it... but would there be something that might cause you to stop being a Reds fan?

As for me... Well..

I started following the Reds when I was 6, didn't understand baseball as much as I would later come to love, but it was 1966 and Crosley field and the Reds makes quite an impression on a young boy. Later when the Orioles ripped my heart out I learned to dislike a team. (Same can be said of the Dodgers etc... ) but with the history of following the team, it would have to be a pretty monumental event to cause me to forgo supporting my beloved, Reds.

Anyway, thought it might be a good discussion point.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting thread in the SunDeck

Nothing would
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

No chance. It's in the marrow.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

If you're still a Reds fan after these 21st Century teams here in Cincinnati then you're hooked for life.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

$10 million dollars. You pay me that much cash, I'll hate just about anything.

That's the only thing I can think of.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Intersting, on the Sports Station this morning in Buffalo, they had a similar topic.

I don't think I would ever change, but I can't say that the thought doesn't enter my mind from time to time (say when Castro is pinch hitting for oh, I dunno, say Hamilton...)
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I lived through the disaster of '82 and kept liking the Reds, although my interest did wane a bit. So nothing would make me hate them.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Ditto. Survived the Russ Nixon years and the Paul Householder experience, I can survive this.

Nothing parts two rivers met

Liz Phair

You know StillFunkyB, for 10 million I could pretend to even like the Yankees, but my blood will always run Reds red. Give me the bucks, I take us all out to a game and we discuss it there.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I love baseball, watch it or listen every chance I get, but the Reds will always be the only team I care about if they win or lose. I would say that is most likely to never change since they have been the only MLB team I have ever rooted for since I was 7--its 35 years later. If I can survive the 90s Bengals, this is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I lived through the disaster of '82 and kept liking the Reds, although my interest did wane a bit. So nothing would make me hate them.
    Word.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I think that if pushed far enough, I would probably follow my dad and stop following baseball. For him, the '94 strike was the tipping point. He may go to games on occasion if someone has a ticket for him, but he went from following the Reds religiously to not even caring any more after the strike. He knows Junior is on the team, but if you asked him to name who is on the roster, he might be able to list 2 or 3 and that is it.

He did ask me who was managing the Reds these days. I told him Jerry Narron, a disciple of Gene Mauch. He said, "Oh boy, I bet he does that 'righty-lefty' and 'lefty-righty' crap all the time." Made me chuckle.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nothing parts two rivers met

Liz Phair
    I think that's the longest quote you can use for Liz Phair lyrics and still keep it acceptable on a "family" board.

I can't foresee anything ever changing my love for the Reds. I stuck with the Bengals through the suckitude of the 90's so I have an understanding as to how to persevere through the tough times.

The lives of my wife and child... or a significant, significant amount of money
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?