Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C'mon at least shuffle the deck chairs

Gary Redus Ruled

C'mon at least shuffle the deck chairs

Wow this is pathetic...standing pat is even worse. Fire Narron trade Hatte for a prospect and bring up Votto,trade Stanton if possible, DFA Moeller, shake up this big bag of crap Wayne for the love of Gingy!!..theres gonna be tumbleweeds blowing thru the park by the AS break. What the hell were dead last what ARE they waiting for? God this sucks every year to look forward to our fire sale to see who the next Brandon Claussen were getting....whooopeee. Can we make the damn playoffs next year?
    Last edited by Redus; 06-26-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: C'mon at least shuffle the deck chairs

I want to know where gunslinger Wayne went. Last year all he did was wheel and deal. Everyday we would see we acquired somebody knew, or shipped someone else out. This year, nothing. He really hasn't done much at all. I expected more from Wayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Yeah, I hate to say it but I'm ready for something to happen as well. We've got over half a big league season to use for some of our young players, why not use it? We're not going to the playoffs by any means and have nothing to play for. Someone has to be moved to get Votto to Cincinnati. And I usually stay quiet about Narron but man, he probably needs to go. And this offseason, there needs to be a real managerial search, not just promote from within. If you can get anything for the players that are not part of the Reds future, go ahead and take it. It is much more depressing to watch this team when you realize how old it is.

It's kind of like the scene near the end of Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd when they're trying to decide when to sell: "Now?", "Not yet", "Now?", "Not yet", "Selling at ...!"

There are going to be a number of buyers in this market: the division leaders as well as teams like Philly, Atlanta, Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland, Yankees, Cubs will all be buyers so you need to let the sense of urgency increase the market value of the pieces you have to sell to get the most value.

Gary Redus Ruled

I agree with the managerial search. That should have been done last offseason..Jerry showed last year to be a bad tactician and we need better. Fire him now make Dent interim and get someone good this offseason. Doing nothing right now has to be turning off the fans.
    I also agree with the fact that Wayne has pretty much sat on his hands while last year he rifled thru players via trade. He better do well this summer with his trade chips as his seat is getting warmer by the minute.

yeah...

While I'm anxious for Krivsky to make some moves... and now!... the situation is different from last year. In 06, he was simply trying to keep the team in contention by picking up odds and ends. This year, he's looking to rebuild the franchise and therefore should take his sweet time. One wrong move here can set us back even further...

I am glad to hear the asking price on Dunn (via the Angels) because it says to me he's deadly serious about squeezing the most value out of his trades this year. Unfortunately, that means we're stuck watching our current team stink it up for a while longer...

I agree that he should take his time, but only to a degree. Sometimes the deals are better in June than July because more potential buyers are out there. Deals should be looked at longterm and the Reds should consider being buyers in the right deals. Why not be a player for a Mark Buerhle type (thought it sounds like he might not be moved) if the deal is right? Nothing should be looked at as a solution for this year. Look for a team looking to dump a Woody Williams circa 2001.
    How did it get to 16 back in the division and 14 1/2 back in the WC? It seems like they had it under ten just a week or so ago.

Gary Redus Ruled

The only moves I'd make now is firing Narron, moving Hatte to get Votto up...also if you can find an idiot to take Stanton I'd drive him to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by IamWallaman View Post
    While I'm anxious for Krivsky to make some moves... and now!... the situation is different from last year. In 06, he was simply trying to keep the team in contention by picking up odds and ends. This year, he's looking to rebuild the franchise and therefore should take his sweet time. One wrong move here can set us back even further...

I am glad to hear the asking price on Dunn (via the Angels) because it says to me he's deadly serious about squeezing the most value out of his trades this year. Unfortunately, that means we're stuck watching our current team stink it up for a while longer...

FINALLY. . someone with reason.

I keep hearing Lance McCallister and other Reds fans talking about "standing pat."

Wayne could make some moves, but we'd still be in last place. Wayne could make some trades, but we'd still be in last place. Why do we have to do something NOW?

Don't trade Dunn just because you want to trade him. Wait to get some value out of him. My god. . . the closer to the deadline, the more desperate other teams get to try and trade for a guy like Dunn or Griffey. Sheesh! We're going to be in last place no matter what we do!

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    FINALLY. . someone with reason.

I keep hearing Lance McCallister and other Reds fans talking about "standing pat."

Wayne could make some moves, but we'd still be in last place. Wayne could make some trades, but we'd still be in last place. Why do we have to do something NOW?

Don't trade Dunn just because you want to trade him. Wait to get some value out of him. My god. . . the closer to the deadline, the more desperate other teams get to try and trade for a guy like Dunn or Griffey. Sheesh! We're going to be in last place no matter what we do!
    I'm going to have to agree. I mean, you "shuffle the deck chairs" and maybe you're 14 games under .500 instead of 19. Have a plan and stick to it. I'm of the opinion that last year, management had a plan that didn't involve contending last year. When they did play well and were contending, management strayed from that plan in an attempt to make a push for the playoffs. Sure it sucks to watch but really at this point there is no need to mortgage the future or do something insane to win a few more games this year...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

"just making moves" fantasy baseball has give the public the idea that they think they know how baseball works. Trade Hatteberg for a prospect? you wont get a prospect for him.... atleast not one that will make any difference now or in the future. Fire Narron? For some reason in todays society everything has to be someone's fault..... it could be baseball, basketball, education, govt., or Iraq. There are many more factors involved in the Reds losing. PLAYERS! Narron isnt on the mound in the 9th.... Narron isnt stepping in the batter box with runners in scoring position. At times I wish baseball wasnt so mainstream so everyone didnt think they knew how it worked.

As unpopular as it is around here, I really don't believe that Narron is the problem....I think it's just an inconsistent team that we watch every night.

It just seems that we can't put it all together.....one night the pitching will be great but we can't score a run, and on another night we will be bashing the ball but the starter is terrible, or the bullpen blows up......

I'm all for a firesale right now.....if the Marlins can do it and win two championships, why can't we??
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

got alil captain in u?

as a red fan right now im a frustarted as all of you but one wrong move could be disaterous for this franchise. They need to strategically think out all of their moves before the make any.

Quote Originally Posted by REDSEER View Post
    As unpopular as it is around here, I really don't believe that Narron is the problem....I think it's just an inconsistent team that we watch every night.

It just seems that we can't put it all together.....one night the pitching will be great but we can't score a run, and on another night we will be bashing the ball but the starter is terrible, or the bullpen blows up......

I'm all for a firesale right now.....if the Marlins can do it and win two championships, why can't we??
    Simply put, the Marlins have the best scouting system in the majors and one of the best GMs out there at doing the fire sale. This is one of the reasons I wanted us to hire the Marlins assistant GM (Perry Hill) instead of Krivsky two years back. Ultimatley, I think Hill rejected the Reds offer to be interviewed, so I can't blame BCast. Maybe it is something we will have to revist sometime, but hopefully it is not.

The Marlins are a special breed. It's too easy to sit here and say the Marlins did it, so we can too. You have to have a great scouting department and a GM that knows what he is doing and how to get it done to pull that off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Extremely true.......that is a great point, and you never know what is going to happen with our scouting system, the same one that netted us Brandon Phillips, but also the same one that got us Majewski for two good bats in our lineup.....

I just don't see us getting to be a contender any time soon.....I truly believe that a shake up may be necessary.......I might not be talking "Marlins" firesale where we trade the entire team and have a payroll of $18 million, but I think if we go young, the opportunity is better for the future.....
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Turn Off Ads?