Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Where do you get that first cup of coffee?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make my own at home.

33 45.83%
  • Convenience store (Speedway/Shell/UDF/etc.)

3 4.17%
  • Starbucks

4 5.56%
  • Other Coffee Specialty Store

4 5.56%
  • The free stuff at work!

7 9.72%
  • Coffee... yuck!

21 29.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Get Your Morning Coffee?

Re: Where Do You Get Your Morning Coffee?

Grind my own at home...organic espresso roast....coffeemate and
    brown sugar...AWESOME !!

2. Turn Off Ads?

either A 24oz Speedway 100% Colombian, a 20oz from McDonalds, or a large coffee from Tim Hortons. During Christmas, UDF makes Highlander Grogg coffee. I also drink it the way God made it, black.

On a special, (or a needed Caffeine jolt) an American Blend from Starbucks.

I also like Iced Coffee. Yummmmmmmm
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I make mine at home and take it in with me to work. I have a coffee maker with a timer on it so I can set it up the night before and still end up with a fresh pot at 6:30 in the morning. I try to drink as little of it as possible during the day. I have to read some *very* dry stuff at work and a jolt of caffeine is necessary so I don't fall asleep.

My workplace does sell Starbucks, but they make it with tap water which completely kills it. Starbucks drip coffee is nasty made with good water, so you can imagine what it's like made from Wright-Patt water straight from the faucet. I think they roast their beans 18x longer than necessary.

French press coffee is the best but too labor intensive. Oh, and if it's not fair trade, I'm not drinking it.
    Last edited by paintmered; 06-27-2007 at 09:34 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    either A 24oz Speedway 100% Colombian, a 20oz from McDonalds, or a large coffee from Tim Hortons. During Christmas, UDF makes Highlander Grogg coffee. I also drink it the way God made it, black.
    It wasn't made that way by God, it was made that way by some six-year-old in Guatamala chained to a hoe.

Apart from that, I agree with you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It wasn't made that way by God, it was made that way by some six-year-old in Guatamala chained to a hoe.

Apart from that, I agree with you.
    Most of the independent coffee houses out here use "fair trade" beans. They sell them in the grocery store too.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Vastly underrated.

Way better than Starbucks, IMO.
    Regarding Peets: I agree completely. Far better than Starbucks.

I find it appalling that so many people have come to be familiar with coffee through the vastness of Starbucks. While it's nice that they have been introduced (or indoctrinated in many cases) to coffee through the fact that Starbucks is located on every block Starbucks coffee is, to be kind, crap! But, because it's everywhere it has become the standard and better coffees are ignored.

Rem

The Starbucks founder learned to brew from Alfred Peet, when they went big time one of the founders left and bought Peets from Alfred and made a deal with Starbucks to stay out of the Bay Area, for a small time... thus most in the Bay Area prefer Peets.

Man I love Peets.

Man I love Peets.
    word
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The Starbucks founder learned to brew from Alfred Peet, when they went big time one of the founders left and bought Peets from Alfred and made a deal with Starbucks to stay out of the Bay Area, for a small time... thus most in the Bay Area prefer Peets.

Man I love Peets.
    Just want to make sure I understand this correctly---Starbucks agreed to stay out of the Bay Area or is it visa versa?

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Just want to make sure I understand this correctly---Starbucks agreed to stay out of the Bay Area or is it visa versa?

Rem
    Yes, when they expanded out of Seattle they cut a deal with the guy from Peets to slow growth there, mostly because the guy at Peets was an original Starbucks guy, but then the time period lapsed and boome they were everywhere.

I'm not a SB fan, I'll take Tully's and Seattle's Best over them, and that's just in their own town.

Man I love Peets.
    I prefer teats.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yes, when they expanded out of Seattle they cut a deal with the guy from Peets to slow growth there, mostly because the guy at Peets was an original Starbucks guy, but then the time period lapsed and boome they were everywhere.

I'm not a SB fan, I'll take Tully's and Seattle's Best over them, and that's just in their own town.
    Interesting. I never heard that before. In my travels I seem to see Seattle's Best making inroads but, of course, it's an uphill fight. Once again, Seattle's Best coffee is uperior in my mind to Starbucks.

In SoCal we had a small chain called Diethrich's Coffee that was far and away better than Starbucks but they couldn't withstand the monolith and they recently gave up the retail end. My favorite Diethrich's just turned into a Starbucks about a week ago. Diethrich's is now only roasting for wholesale. Such is life when a chain with 'critical mass' overwhelms everyone else in their category. Drat!

Rem

Boston Stoker's Highlander Grogg brewed at home. Dash of half and half, 2 sweet and lows....

Coffee as I like to think God intended it to be.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

dunkin, man, no love on the poll.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Starbucks all the way

Turn Off Ads?