Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Where do you get that first cup of coffee?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make my own at home.

33 45.83%
  • Convenience store (Speedway/Shell/UDF/etc.)

3 4.17%
  • Starbucks

4 5.56%
  • Other Coffee Specialty Store

4 5.56%
  • The free stuff at work!

7 9.72%
  • Coffee... yuck!

21 29.17%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Where Do You Get Your Morning Coffee?

Re: Where Do You Get Your Morning Coffee?

Starbuck's iced coffee is pretty delicious. I make no apologies for liking it.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Foam?

Vanilla ain't manly either champ.
    The vanilla beans in my kitchen are very offended...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Starbuck's iced coffee is pretty delicious. I make no apologies for liking it.
    I make the best iced coffee on the planet. Why, you ask? Because I take leftover hot coffee and pour it into ice cube trays and leave them til they freeze. Then I make another pot and put it in the fridge so that in a little bit it's actual cold coffee, not hot coffee poured over ice. Starbucks gets their coffee cold too, but they don't do the ice cube thing. That way, your drink is cold, but when the ice cubes melt they don't water down your drink. Stays good for a few days.

I learned that ice cube tip from a stage manager. They possess knowledge of every helpful tip in the universe, and they never sleep.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I make the best iced coffee on the planet. Why, you ask? Because I take leftover hot coffee and pour it into ice cube trays and leave them til they freeze. Then I make another pot and put it in the fridge so that in a little bit it's actual cold coffee, not hot coffee poured over ice. Starbucks gets their coffee cold too, but they don't do the ice cube thing. That way, your drink is cold, but when the ice cubes melt they don't water down your drink. Stays good for a few days.

I learned that ice cube tip from a stage manager. They possess knowledge of every helpful tip in the universe, and they never sleep.
    I might have to try that.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I didn't see this on the first go round till Yachtzee bumped it. Sounds great. I'll give it a go tonight when I get home.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

That is bloody brilliant.

I also like the Mocha Frappucinos, though recently I've been getting the Mocha Lite version.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Okay, so I used this advice today and it works great!. I put leftover coffee in the ice cube tray and froze it. Today I made some coffee, added some sugar and milk and cooled it down (I like hot coffee black, but for some reason I like the cold stuff sweetened). Then I popped some coffee ice cubes in a thermos and poured the cold coffee/milk concoction over it. So now I'm sitting here doing practice questions for the bar exam with some iced coffee. Delicious. I might try throwing a bit of chocolate syrup in it next time.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

By the way, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    By the way, thanks for the tip!
    Your caffeinated happiness is more than thanks enough.

#5 - Johnny Bench

I switch it up, usually on a daily basis. I will either make it at home (particularly on the weekends, usually a cappuchino or espresso made with Illy coffee or some central american blend my wife picks up in her travels) or purchase it from McDonald's, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks or Cafe du Monde.

I wish we had a Caribbou Coffee down here though. That's where I got almost all my joe when I lived in Columbus.

Turn Off Ads?