Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/27 Minors Updates

Re: 6/27 Minors Updates

Bats are going to extras. Brenneman favorite Ricky Stone threw a scoreless 9th and stays in to start the 10th.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Livingston:

6 innings, 3 hits, 1 run

Yet, Kyle Lohse will make his next start for the big club

My mistake. Stone will not start the 10th. Kershner in to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Livingston:

6 innings, 3 hits, 1 run

Yet, Kyle Lohse will make his next start for the big club
    Kyle Loshe is a better pitcher then Bobby Livingston. There is no doubt in my mind. Now the Reds still need to trade Loshe by the deadline because he is a free agent, but until then he's a better option then both Livingston and Dumatrait. There's really no point in booting him from the rotation now. Let him make his starts, hopefully hit one of his hot streaks, then deal him for whatever you can get. Somebody will want him.
    Last edited by reds44; 06-27-2007 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Kershner allows a couple of runs in the top of the 10th. 6-4 Braves.

Lookouts game has been postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Kyle Loshe is a better pitcher then Bobby Livingston. There is no doubt in my mind.

That may be...but he isn't pitching like one.

Maybe not even Livingston, maybe Dumatrait.....I'd rather see if these guys have a future on this team than keep running a guy out there who doesn't.

If they can trade him, for anything, they have to do it....however, does anybody want him? If he were a lefty, a team may bite, but being a righty who struggles to get people out isn't exactly a very appealing piece of pie.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 06-27-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Votto: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI, BB, K, R
    Freel: 2-5, 2 R
    Dickerson: 1-3, 3B, 2 BB, 2 K
    Lopez: 1-5, K, 7 LOB
    Keppinger: 2-5, R
    Bray: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
    Burton: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

Bats lose.
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Bats go down quietly in the 10th and lose 6-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    That may be...but he isn't pitching like one.

Maybe not even Livingston, maybe Dumatrait.....I'd rather see if these guys have a future on this team than keep running a guy out there who doesn't.

If they can trade him, for anything, they have to do it....however, does anybody want him?
    Somebody will fall in love with him because of his stuff and they'll trade for him. If we can't deal him off by the deadline, then I would go to your thinking and try Livingston and Dumatrait because Loshe won't be here next year. A team like the Cardinals who thinks they can contend and desperatley need a starter I have to think would have interests. The Cubs could look at him as a bullpen guy.

I keep running Loshe out there until the 31st.

Somebody will fall in love with him because of his stuff and they'll trade for him. If we can't deal him off by the deadline, then I would go to your thinking and try Livingston and Dumatrait because Loshe won't be here next year.

I agree with you. See if he can get on a bit of a roll over the next few starts and flip him for a prospect or two.

Somebody will fall in love with him because of his stuff and they'll trade for him. If we can't deal him off by the deadline, then I would go to your thinking and try Livingston and Dumatrait because Loshe won't be here next year. A team like the Cardinals who thinks they can contend and desperatley need a starter I have to think would have interests. The Cubs could look at him as a bullpen guy.

That's fair. I can handle that. Maybe he'll get on one of his "hot streaks" at the perfect time.

Totally agree. If Lohse can give us a couple of good starts we might be able to get something decent back for him. If the Tigers were able to trade Maroth when everyone knew they had to trade him I would think Lohse (who has more potential) would be able to attract some interest. I'm sure there are some pitching coaches that admire his abilities and think they can turn him into a reliable #3 starter.

Sean Watson will pitch for Sarasota tonight. Anthony Romero for Billings. Probable starters haven't been listed yet for Dayton or the GCL Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Sean Watson will pitch for Sarasota tonight. Anthony Romero for Billings. Probable starters haven't been listed yet for Dayton or the GCL Reds.
    Daniel Guerrero's spot in the rotation for Dayton is up tonight, so more than likely it's him.

Turn Off Ads?