Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER worthless Dunn Homer?!?!

Re: ANOTHER worthless Dunn Homer?!?!

I am so over Dunn and if his bags are not packed he should consider packing them. Dunn will be gone in less than a month.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't wait till he's gone and people realize just what his OBP and presence in the line-up meant to this offense and just how much WORSE this offense will suck once he's gone for a couple more relief arms.

I didn't believe it before: but I'm really starting to come around to the notion that Cincinnati baseball fans truly aren't bright enough to respect Adam Dunn's IMMENSE offensive abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I can't wait till he's gone and people realize just what his OBP and presence in the line-up meant to this offense and just how much WORSE this offense will suck once he's gone for a couple more relief arms.

I didn't believe it before: but I'm really starting to come around to the notion that Cincinnati baseball fans truly aren't bright enough to respect Adam Dunn's IMMENSE offensive abilities.
    I agree totally with what you are saying. I think most fans who want Dunn gone now will change their tune once he is gone. How does the saying go? "You don't know what you got, till it's gone."

Having said that though, I think it does make sense to shop him around. He is too good of a bargaining chip when considering the needs of this team. But, I do recognize what we would be losing.

We agree? Wait, lemme get my kodak instant camera and snap a photo of the screen.

I agree, if someone absolutely bowls Krivsky over with an excellent collection of arms and a RH bat, you gotta consider it, but my trust in Krivsky to make such a trade in favor of a couple middling relief-pitchers could not be any lower.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I am so over Dunn and if his bags are not packed he should consider packing them. Dunn will be gone in less than a month.
    Late last night
    I heard the screen door slam
    And a big yellow taxi
    Took away my old man
    Dont it always seem to go
    That you dont know what youve got
    Til its gone

Senor Votto

I've been saying that since I've got here. This offense needs Adam Dunn. Can you imagine how bad the Reds will be without our one consistant power hitter?

We agree? Wait, lemme get my kodak instant camera and snap a photo of the screen.
    I knew you'd come to your senses sooner or later.

This calls for a cold one.

Another fact the Dunn-haters are oblivious about is that Dunn does a lot more than produce RBIs. Adam Dunn has led the Reds in runs scored every year since 2003.

The fact is that Adam Dunn puts more runs on the scoreboard than any other Red every single season.

How many players in the majors have led their team in both RBIs and runs scored every single season since 2003?

Some people just want to focus on Dunn's recent struggles with RISP instead of comprehending the big picture. It doesn't matter how you produce the runs. It only matters that you produce them. Adam Dunn doesn't need to rely on having a runner on 2nd or 3rd base to produce runs. Dunn can drive in runners from 1st base and even frequently drives himself in from home plate by hitting a home run. That is much more valuable than a slap hitter that hits for a high average with RISP. That is why Adam Dunn leads the team in RBI every single year.

Dunn is not only good at driving in runs, he is also excellent at scoring runs. He has a high on-base %, which means he makes fewer outs than most other players. He gets on base frequently. He is a good baserunner. He scores tons of runs. Adam Dunn is very good at scoring runs. Scoring runs is the object of the game isn't it?

Getting base hits is not the object of the game. Avoiding the strikeout is not the object of the game. Stealing bases is not the object of the game. Putting runs on the scoreboard (by driving them in or scoring them yourself) is the object of the game. Adam Dunn puts more runs on the scoreboard than any other Red every single season.

Adam Dunn is the type of homegrown player (the only one the Reds have) that we should build the team around. He is still young and will likely continue to improve. His salary is below market value compared to his production. The Reds should keep Dunn and build a winner around him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If you are serious then may Juan Castro sign another 3-year extension. Might provide some perspective on which players you should be "over."

If you are sarcastic, then why didn't I think of it first?

Finally, Narron is batting Dunner in the 4th spot. It is too little too late but I hated Narron's changing the lineup every night.

Senor Votto

So much for Dunn not getting runners in from scoring position.

I agree you need to build around Dunner..but i think WK just wants to get rid of his salary...funny though, he is the one who signed him to the 2 yr with the 13 mill option..he wont easily be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Another fact the Dunn-haters are oblivious about is that Dunn does a lot more than produce RBIs. Adam Dunn has led the Reds in runs scored every year since 2003.

The fact is that Adam Dunn puts more runs on the scoreboard than any other Red every single season.

Dunn is not only good at driving in runs, he is also excellent at scoring runs. He has a high on-base %, which means he makes fewer outs than most other players. He gets on base frequently. He is a good baserunner. He scores tons of runs. Adam Dunn is very good at scoring runs. Scoring runs is the object of the game isn't it?

I actually think the object of the game is to record WINS.

That said... I'll reiterate again why I don't think trading Dunn is such a bad idea and why you can try to lump us all as "Dunn haters," when in fact I think a fair number of us are more accurately described as "Reds fans."

I don't care who and I don't care how, but I want Reds wins.

So please please please wake up and smell the baseball economics brew. Fact is, the Reds payroll will be right around where it has been for a while. Which is to say about $70-plus million.

To record more wins, I say this team CAN NOT afford $13 million to Dunn next year. (We're all agreed this year is a lost cause, right?) This team must spend money more wisely (i.e. not the way it did this year, with the bullpen and bench as an afterthought).

I respect Dunn's talents, but for $13 million, I don't want to have to gloss over his inability to hit with RISP. For $13 million, he simply has to do that. And from the clean-up spot?! Yes! He must.

I've long said, since apparently I was dubbed a "Dunn hater," that I would welcome a trade if we got some young, cheap, SOLID parts we need. That could be a left field replacement, an MLB-ready catcher, an upside AA or AAA starter or some quality bullpen arms that can anchor us in 2008.

Replace him with average leftfielder who doesn't hit to Dunn's power levels (which is to say, almost everyone) but who also doesn't command 18 percent of the payroll, and instead go get what this team truly needs to win next year and I say we can afford to take the hit in the runs scored column.

Runs scored is not the name of the game. If it were, I think the Reds would have the fourth best record in the NL.

Looks to me like we need some other parts. Other parts cost money. Who do we have that costs a lot AND who has trade value right now?

Call me a Dunn hater. I just call it logical.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

again..you play in a ball park where you have to score runs...

Turn Off Ads?