Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tatum to Chattanooga

Ya can't teach speed...

Tatum to Chattanooga

I saw some comments in a thread yesterday (which I can not now locate) about Craig Tatum possibly being promoted to Chattanooga. I checked with someone close to the Lookouts and he confirmed that Tatum has been promoted and wiill be with the Lookouts today. Whether or not he'll be in uniform tonight is another question, but if they follow their typical procedure he will be. The Lookouts are looking better and better,
    Last edited by Triples; 06-28-2007 at 08:44 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tatum to Chattanooga

Thought Hanigan would become backup but he got promoted also.

"Following Wednesday's win, catcher Ryan Hanigan was promoted to Triple-A Louisville. Hanigan hit .299 in 60 games with the Lookouts, with 14 doubles and 27 RBIs. Replacing Hanigan today will be catcher Craig Tatum, a third-round pick of the Cincinnati Reds in 2004. Tatum hit .320 in 58 games at high Single-A Sarasota with 10 home runs and 39 RBIs"
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-28-2007 at 08:37 AM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Ya can't teach speed...

Deleted duplicate reply
    Last edited by Triples; 06-28-2007 at 08:51 AM.

Ya can't teach speed...

Good for Hannigan, his play this year earned him that promotion. Although it would have been nice to have both he and Tatum in Chatt together. I had the opportunity to meet Tatum a few times during his rookie year and then again in Dayton and he seemed to me to have a bit of an attitude problem and maybe his work ethic left a bit to be desired. Working along side a guy a couple of years older and known for his work ethic (Hannigan) might have been good for Tatum . Maybe the elbow injury (Tommy John surgery) Tatum had, and being held back (so to speak) the last couple years has changed his outlook. I know he had a cannon for an arm before his surgery and he hit pretty well in Billings as well. It will interesting to see how he fairs in AA. I hope he does well.
    Last edited by Triples; 06-28-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Im glad Hanigan was promoted as well. He was having a very good season in AA and the catchers in AAA are doing very little. He deserves his shot up there.

Good to see from both of those guys. I can't remember the last time we had offensively competent catchers in the upper minors.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?