Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hal McCoy reports that Krivsky is ready to sell

Hal McCoy reports that Krivsky is ready to sell

Tim Lewis had Hal McCoy on his show tonight (or last night I guess), and Hal had this to say.

"I have been told by several inside people with other teams that Krivsky has let it be known that the Reds are ready to start dumping some big salaries."

So take that for what it's worth. It's nice to Wayne is trying to sell some parts instead of thinking the Reds are actually close to competing. Hal also said that the Yankees aren't the only team showing interest in Hatteberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hal McCoy reports that Krivsky is ready to sell

The Reds were one game under .500 in April, so in the last 2 months they've been horrible. It's about time Krivsky figured this out. Of course, selling just to be selling is pointless. It only matters if he can get something worthwhile back.

he might be selling, but who's buying??...the Whitesox cant even get rid of Buehrle

Hopefully he's selling with plans to get some good value in return, rather than just a big salary dump. I have little faith in Krivsky effectively managing a rebuilding process at this point.

I do think some teams will be buying once it gets closer to the trade deadline. No need to rush things yet (aside from parting ways with the trash like Narron/Castro, those moves should have been done over a month ago)

Trade Dunn and bring up Bruce
    Trade Hatty and bring up Votto
    Don't trade Griffey
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Quote Originally Posted by Marge'sMullet View Post
    Don't trade Griffey
    If we traded Dunn and brought up Bruce he would have basically jumped from high A to the Majors. Thats a heck of a jump. I am fine waiting on Bruce to finish this year up at AA and see how he does.

As for trading Hatteberg and bringing up Votto, I think its the right time. I am a big fan of Hatteberg, I think he does a lot of good at the plate. However if we can get something good for him, I am all for letting him go.

On the MLB roster I feel these players are untouchable: Phillips, EE, Hamilton, Harang, and Bailey. If we get a good offer that will make this team better for the 2009/2010 run then I'd sell anyone else. But I wouldn't trade them for the sake of trading.

Why keep Griffey? I don't understand that one at all from a Reds standpoint.

Don't trade Griffey

Dump everyone except Bailey, Harang, Hamilton, Phillips and Encarnacion. Trade for pitching, speed and defense.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Senor Votto

Don't trade Griffey
    Yeah bring up a guy who just got into AA. End Sarcasm

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dump everyone except Bailey, Harang, Hamilton, Phillips and Encarnacion. Trade for pitching, speed and defense.
    Why? This is a small ballpark perfect for power hitters. Why not try to get a right handed power hitter to compliment Dunn and Griffey?

isn't encarnacion supposed to be a right handed power hitter?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by foltza View Post
    isn't encarnacion supposed to be a right handed power hitter?
    I wouldn't call him a power hitter. Maybe a few years down the road he will be but not right now

The worst team in baseball a seller? Who would've guessed

I hate to say it because of the year he's saving but Weathers would make a great trading chip. If you look at his numbers he's really having a terrific year. He'd make a great right handed set up guy for any contender who doesn't already have a great set up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Why? This is a small ballpark perfect for power hitters. Why not try to get a right handed power hitter to compliment Dunn and Griffey?
    Has putting a softball team out there worked? Has having a power hitting line up worked? Small ball park or not the Reds need to get some speed and some guys who can manufacture some runs. Do you really want to go through another season of the same type team? I dont trade Dunn for some pitching or speed and trade Griffey for his own sake.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?