Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 6-29/07 vs Cardinals

Re: 6-29/07 vs Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Ltlabner's casual fan at GABP sez that it's because he stopped playing the guitar!
    Kitty, did you go and get your 'stache?

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Perfect example of the ignorace of casual fans.

Teenager behind me was irrate because Brandon Phillips smiled in the field after the Cards tied it. Yes, I am not kidding. He was up in arms over a smile. We joke about it in the chat room all the time during games, but this nimrod was actually making the case that if we had a team of Hatteburgs who didn't smile we'd be sucessfull. But that darn Brandon smiled so consequently our team stinks.

The fact that the pitchers gave up the runs was ignored.

Philips fine defensive work, nice offensive output and base stealing was ignored.

Oh, and his proof that his theory was dead-on correct? He played baseball on his highschool JV team.

Where were your seats?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Where were your seats?
    You tell me where you were sitting.

Because if that was you behind me, I don't want you to know where I was! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    You tell me where you were sitting.

Because if that was you behind me, I don't want you to know where I was! hahahaha
    No, I wasn't at the game. I was just wondering because I used to coach JV baseball, and if that was one of my former players, then I'm sorry. (He should know better.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No, I wasn't at the game. I was just wondering because I used to coach JV baseball, and if that was one of my former players, then I'm sorry. (He should know better.)
    Hahahahaah

I got the distinct impression that (1) this was his first ballgame of the year. (2) The 15 year old girlfriend to his left was the source of his bravado.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Kitty, did you go and get your 'stache?

I sure did... and I saw a sign of the apocalypse... some guy had a Juan Castro t-shirt on...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Juan Castro is to baseball jerseys like Milli Vanilli is to cds....

Why would you wear a shop rag out in public or stick a coaster into your stereo?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Lohse strikes out Pujols but the umpire instead calls it a ball. I look forward to the day MLB goes to questec. That will eliminate cheating such as that, i.e. giving Pujols and Bonds smaller strikezones.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Lohse strikes out Pujols but the umpire instead calls it a ball. I look forward to the day MLB goes to questec. That will eliminate cheating such as that, i.e. giving Pujols and Bonds smaller strikezones.
    This is yesterday's thread

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I sure did... and I saw a sign of the apocalypse... some guy had a Juan Castro t-shirt on...
    I'm glad Castro's family could make it to the game
    Go Gators!

Was anyone else irate that Salmon threw a strike to Molina in the 8th with 1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd, and Kennedy on deck? Because everyone in my section of the park was a little POd about it...

BTW, after 7 years on RedsZone, this is my 1st game thread post...and it's on yesterday's thread. Just like me, always a little behind the curve...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?