Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of ballpark do you prefer??

What kind of ballpark do you prefer??

Hey I was just wanting your opinion on what kind of ballpark you wished the reds played in.Does GABP satisfy you or is it TOO friendly to give up homers??I like it but I have a feeling as long as GABP is a hitting park that we will never get a really good starting pitcher's or bullpen pitcher's to come and play here.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What kind of ballpark do you prefer??

I think it is way too friendly. I don't have park factors in front of me, but I like a very middle of the road park. I think Milwaukee is a pretty good park. I don't like the very big parks of Detroit, San Diego, or Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I think it is way too friendly. I don't have park factors in front of me, but I like a very middle of the road park. I think Milwaukee is a pretty good park. I don't like the very big parks of Detroit, San Diego, or Seattle.

Yes Milwaukee is perfect in every way b/c nobody has an avantage.Those are the kind of parks that I wished Cincinnati played in.I liked Riverfront better than GABP b/c it was a hitters park but it was really closer to being a middle of the road park b/c the pitchers had alot of advantages also.

Milwaukee's park is great!!!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I agree with the more neutral parks. I think PNC is a good example of a good park, with a slight lean to the pitcher's advantage.

Man Pills

I think park effect is not as important as many make it out to be.

I like the Reds place.

You can win in any park, just get the right players
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I am fond of air-conditioning, so I like the retractable-roof parks. I doubt that the Reds would be any better off performance-wise with a retractable roof on GABP.
    /r/reds

I could be wrong but did one team about 8-10 years back their outfield wall back either farther b/c they were hitting to many homers OR move the wall in b/c they was'nt hitting enough homers?? Im thinking it was seattle or detroit??

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I am fond of air-conditioning, so I like the retractable-roof parks. I doubt that the Reds would be any better off performance-wise with a retractable roof on GABP.

I hope not b/c I hate domes!!

No matter what kind of ballpark a team possesses it seems there are always downfalls. You'll always hear that GABP is a hitting park and Petco Park is a pitching park. Neither extreme is perfect so the best thing IMO is to build a good team and then maybe tinker with the team based on the park after a good core is built.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    I could be wrong but did one team about 8-10 years back their outfield wall back either farther b/c they were hitting to many homers OR move the wall in b/c they was'nt hitting enough homers?? Im thinking it was seattle or detroit??
    Detroit moved the LF wall in a bit, IIRC.

It's not unheard of... but it can be expensive, which is probably why it's not done more often.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Oh and to answer the question, I'm more a fan of middle of the road parks as well.

I'm interested in getting a female poster's insight in here, as I heard they dig the long ball.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I think park effect is not as important as many make it out to be.
    I definitely agree.

Good pitchers will succeed in any yard.

Good hitters will succeed in any yard.

It's when the marginal, or fringe players, pitcher or hitter, struggle for no apparent reason, park effect is thrown around.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I like the ones that have cold beer at reasonable prices.

OK, I like minor league parks.

As a child of the 70s, I like games that end 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2. I like to see 40 HR lead the league. I like to see only pitchers with ERAs under 3.30 or so be considered good. I like parks that facilitate all that.

Home runs don't do a lot for me, but if it gets my team a win, I'll take 'em.

Turn Off Ads?