Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    That record is one game worse than the 1982 Reds who were 32-49 at the half way point.
    In their recap ESPN mentions that the 2005 Reds also were 31-50.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gm81 Wed, Jul 7 box CIN @PIT W 6-3 32-49 6 18.5 2:34
    According to baseball-reference.com, the 1982 team was 32-49 at this point.

FWIW.

81 box CIN HOU W 11-6 31-49 6 19.0 2:43
    And the 2005 Reds were better than the 2007 version. Wow. What improvement.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 06-30-2007 at 11:51 PM.

Woohoo! The Reds turned a corner tonight!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I would like to remind everyone not to get googly-eyed about Kyle Lohse tonight. He is nothing but a tease--but hopefully, if he can string together a couple more outings like this one, the Reds can trade him and he can be someone else's tease.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-01-2007 at 03:30 AM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I would like to remind everyone not to get googly-eyed about Kyle Lohse tonight. He is nothing but a tease--but hopefully, if he can string together a couple more outings like this one, the Reds can trade tim and he can be someone else's tease.
    So true. Lohse is Jeckyl and Hyde. One start he's Superman and the enxt start he's Truman Capote. His overall stats don't look too bad, but in the end, he's not effective. Time to cut another Minnesota reject and our losses.

I would like to remind everyone not to get googly-eyed about Kyle Lohse tonight. He is nothing but a tease--but hopefully, if he can string together a couple more outings like this one, the Reds can trade tim and he can be someone else's tease.
    In a perfect world, last night would have been his showcase, and he would virtually be on the way to another team before he makes a start. Every start he makes after this one has more of a potential to decrease his trade value than increase it.
    Unfortunately, in this world, I think he will get a few more chances. I even have the fear that "the right offer won't come along", and Wayne will stick with him - but I hope that fear is unfounded.

Did anyone else hear Brantley tell his story about his curveball tonight? It was hilarious! He said that as a young college pitcher he was very proud of his big, breaking curve because he could see the break from the mound. Well, his coach at Mississippi State asked him, "If you can see the break, don't you think the batter can, too?" He said, "I guess so. I hadn't thought of that." Then his coach said, "Shorter is better." And Brantley then replied, "Not in my experience!" Then both Brantley and George laughed. (Though I don't think George knew what he was laughing about!)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Did anyone else hear Brantley tell his story about his curveball tonight? It was hilarious! He said that as a young college pitcher he was very proud of his big, breaking curve because he could see the break from the mound. Well, his coach at Mississippi State asked him, "If you can see the break, don't you think the batter can, too?" He said, "I guess so. I hadn't thought of that." Then his coach said, "Shorter is better." And Brantley then replied, "Not in my experience!" Then both Brantley and George laughed. (Though I don't think George knew what he was laughing about!)

Not even to the all-star break and already we're talking about Brantley's weiner size...... yes folks it's time to.....

FIRE SALE

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?