Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 188

Thread: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

  1. #16
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    No implosion!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Baseball card addict MrCinatit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Piqua
    Posts
    4,429

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    The difference between a last baseball club and another club:
    A last place club will place a man on third with the cleanup coming up. Cleanup pops up, no run.
    Other clubs will place a man on third - and someone besides the cleanup will come up. Other batter flies out, run scores.

    Doing the little things: The difference between last and not being last. The Reds have been infamous for not doing the little things for several years, now - and it is starting to get quite painful.

  4. #18
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bob Gebhart, of the D-backs has been lurking around checking out the Reds club...


    They need a bat....a big, strong bat.
    The D-Backs would be a great trading partner for the Reds. Their system is loaded with young talent.

  5. #19
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,718

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Lohse is lucky that Molina only got a sac fly off the ball and not a 3-run homerun.

  6. #20
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,718

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    The difference between a last baseball club and another club:
    A last place club will place a man on third with the cleanup coming up. Cleanup pops up, no run.
    Other clubs will place a man on third - and someone besides the cleanup will come up. Other batter flies out, run scores.

    Doing the little things: The difference between last and not being last. The Reds have been infamous for not doing the little things for several years, now - and it is starting to get quite painful.
    Other clubs would let the hitter try and get the runner over to third from second by swinging the bat instead of bunting right away.

  7. #21
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Note to other clubs...

    #33 is NOT available

  8. #22
    Baseball card addict MrCinatit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Piqua
    Posts
    4,429

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Other clubs would let the hitter try and get the runner over to third from second by swinging the bat instead of bunting right away.
    I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when that happened :
    Why do I seem to be regretting waking up to watch the game anymore?

  9. #23
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when that happened :
    Why do I seem to be regretting waking up to watch the game anymore?
    You sleep late

  10. #24
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Doing the little things: The difference between last and not being last. The Reds have been infamous for not doing the little things for several years, now - and it is starting to get quite painful.
    Other teams routinely fail in the same situations -- you just don't follow other teams 162 games a year the way you do the Reds.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  11. #25
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,144

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Matt:

    Do you pick the bumper music on the broadcasts? If so, what was that thing you just played. I can't get it out of my head.

    Now, back to baseball, or whatever you want to call this?

  12. #26
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Matt:

    Do you pick the bumper music on the broadcasts? If so, what was that thing you just played. I can't get it out of my head.

    Now, back to baseball, or whatever you want to call this?
    It's on a rotation....I think the last one was 50 Cent

  13. #27
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,144

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    It's on a rotation....I think the last one was 50 Cent
    Now, I recognize it--on my son's CD compilation. Thanks!

  14. #28
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Inning ends as Phillips is caught stealing. 1-0 Cards after 3.

  15. #29
    Baseball card addict MrCinatit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Piqua
    Posts
    4,429

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    You sleep late
    I work overnight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Other teams routinely fail in the same situations -- you just don't follow other teams 162 games a year the way you do the Reds.
    This is very true. In all honesty, there have been times watching a game on ESPN when a team will fail to do one of the little things, and all I can do is shake my head.

  16. #30
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,510

    Re: 6/30/07 - Reds vs. Cardinals

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I work overnight.

    That would explain it.

    It's ok....I sleep late too, because I stay up way too late.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25