Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: RedZone Didja Knows...

Re: RedZone Didja Knows...

I have the same birthday as George Washington, Drew Barrymore, Brad Nowell, Vijay Singh, Steve Irwin, Ted Kennedy, the autistic kid from Mercury Rising, Dolly the sheep's clone, and Chattanooga Lookouts starting pitcher Charles Fisher.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I have two earlobes on the left side and one on the right.

Two of my paternal male cousins are the same.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I enjoyed the first season of America's Next top model.

I am not ashamed.

Oh, who am I kidding?
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I used to melt cheese for a living.
    Nowadays I cut it as a hobby.
    Last edited by GAC; 07-05-2007 at 06:52 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I hit my only ligament Little League HR off Al Kaline's son Mike.
    My fondest Little League moment was in the 1966 county All-Star Game (I was a 2Bman). I was leading off the game and facing a rival schoolmate who was not only one big kid for his age but a feared pitcher. He not only threw hard, but had little control and hit alot of kids. KIds hated to stand in the batter's box against him. His first pitch put me in the dirt. I got up, brushed myself off, and any fear I had left me as I gripped the bat as hard as I could and talking to myself because I was hotter then the dickens. I fouled off 4-5 pitches because I was so mad and so determined. I then lined one into CF, which got by the CFer, and I raced around the bases for a 1-0 lead.

ex Pirate pitcher Harvey Haddix. who lived in the area and came to watch the games at the park quite frequently, was sitting next to my Dad and said "I've watched your boy alot. That boy is a ballplayer."

I'll never forget it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I am currently getting my family tree traced.
    There is a chance I might be related to Col. Sanders.
    We have found ancestors in Ohio as early as 1802 (and seem to literally be related to every person living in Ohio), and in the States as early as 1769 - with very good chances of going even earlier. And that is just from one of my grandpa's side.
    On my Dad's side of the family (Clark) we are directly related to Wiliam Clark of the Lewis & Clark expedition. George Rogers (his brother) is an uncle. We had a family tree book done many years ago tracing the Clark ancestry and how the name came about. It goes back a few centuries to the region of Scotland called Argyll (Argyllshire). My ancestor was the clerk of Arygllshire, which later morphed into Clarke, and after my ancestors came to the America's the "e" was somehow dropped.

After the Revolutionary War, many veterans were "rewarded" for their service with land grants from the government. One of my ancestors (Thomas Clark) was given the huge tract of land in southern Ohio that is now Gallia county (Gallipolis). We have an annual family reunion there every years since 1926. And we always visit the Clark family cemetary where alot of those ancestors are laid to rest.

On my Mom's side of the family were are related (distant) to Stonewall Jackson. And if one ever met any of my relatives on her side they would understand why his own men shot him.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I once walked into a lightpost because I was looking at a girl across the street.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I once walked into a lightpost because I was looking at a girl across the street.
    You weren't singing?.... "There she was just a-walkin' down the street, singin' "Do wah diddy diddy dum"

I'm shocked that Raisor hasn't visited this thread and pimped his invention of the lava lamp, among others.

What a humble guy....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I did the exact same thing.

Except instead of a lightpost it was a concrete column and instead of a girl across the street it was a Aer Lingus L-1011. I was at Boston's Logan Airport and the only thing that kept me from ramming my face into the concrete column was the Pentax camera and 70-210 zoom lense around my neck. Almost broke the lense and most definatley looked really, really suave and deboner.

I'm a distant relative of Andrew Jackson.

I'm a huge Ohio State fan, but hold a degree from the University of Michigan.

I was about to take a leak once at Hyde Park Country Club when Dirk Jager (former P&G CEO) walked in and informed me it was his turn. I hadn't started yet, so I obliged, but it was kind of a weird experience.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I almost ran over the State Trooper who was giving me my drivers test.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Distant relative to the Harrisons (William H. and Benjamin) on my Mom's side. On Dad's side... 4th cousin to Tim Couch, about 5th cousin to The Osborne Brothers (bluegrass).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

In a tourney @ Sharon Woods, on the 6th hole (Hole that runs parallel to the road leading to the clubhouse/parking lot), I blocked my tee ball to the right and broke the driver side window of a Lexus. The ball lodged in the dashboard area.

I used to write papers for athletes at a school in Ohio.

I was interviewed for document shredding by the SEC while serving as an intern @ Merrill Lynch.

I once got 2 speeding tickets on the same day.

I once beat former University of Florida RB DeShawn Wynn in a 200M race in HS when he ran for Reading and I ran for Madeira.

My friend saw Uncle Al jump in the Ohio River and swim away whilst Captain Wendy took shots at him with a revolver.

My other friend was propositioned by Uncle Al at his farm in Hillsboro, and yes he was wearing his accordion.

The band Slayer slept in my bedroom when I was out of town in 1985.

My cousin is the Executive Producer of Austin City Limits and his brother is one the preeminent authorities of family values in the USA, and writes books with titles like this:

Education For Character: How Our Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility

One knows Willie and the other is concerned about what kids do with their willies.

Turn Off Ads?