Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Narron to Be Fired Monday?

Re: Narron to Be Fired Monday?

That’s fine we can go all the way up if you prefer. So basically, after becoming a surprise contender in the first-half of the 2006 season new owner Bob Castellini rewards first year gm, and previous interim manager with extensions. Weeks later, in an attempt to bolster struggling bullpen newly extended gm bucks common baseball philosophy by trading young position players for two relievers, veteran ss, and prospects. What later becomes to be known as "the trade" causes divisions among reds faithful. The reds go on to play less then mediocre baseball the rest of the way and finish two games under. In the off-season said owner "intent on bringing championship baseball back to Cincinnati" signs two well known baseball personalities to become a member of the reds broadcast team, who would unfortunately have to find words to describe how bad said owner's team is playing. As July reaches said new owner's team is firmly in last place, and one day after hearing "lets go Cardinals" ring out through Great American Ballpark, said owner and gm "might" fire miserable manager. According to reds reporter John Fay. Did Bcast hear that last night? I’m not really sure. Anyway, I would welcome a Narron firing. Cause thats what the thread was about, my fault.

2. Turn Off Ads?

when you have the worst record in baseball, someone has to be fired...
    usually the manager is first

Quote Originally Posted by Jharb74 View Post
    I love Billy Hatcher as much as the next guy. But, waving around guys to second and collecting helmets and gloves to take back to the bench after someone makes the final out, may not qualify him to manage.
    As opposed to all of those "qualified" managers we've had the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    As opposed to all of those "qualified" managers we've had the last few years?

Firing Narron is not going to fix the Reds situation. It might pacify the passive fan who isn't following this team closely by making it appear as if change for the sake of change is going to help, but firing him is not going to magically grow new arms in the bullpen. The bullpen stinks ... therefore the Reds stink right now. Until this is fixed, the Reds will be terrible.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Narron MUST be fired along with Tom Hume.....and no one on the current staff should be considered for the permanent position....too much familiarity with the current roster of "lackluster, content to just go out and go through the motion" players...the next manager and staff has to come from the outside...and no, there is no way Girardi comes here---he is circling Joe Torre around like a buzzard...

We could only be so lucky

Re: Narron to Be Fired Monday>

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Exactly. I don't think Bucky has ever managed before

Pretty sure he was managing in the Yankees farm system before Narron asked him to come work for the Reds..
    Last edited by mole44; 07-01-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Re: Narron to Be Fired Monday>

[QUOTE=mole44;1400658]
    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Exactly. I don't think Bucky has ever managed beforeQUOTE]

Pretty sure he was managing in the Yankees farm system before Narron asked him to come work for the Reds..
    Dent managed the Yankees for a short while I think on on interm basis.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

per Reds.com:

"following a 12-year Major League career that ended in 1984, he worked in the Yankees organization for 2 seasons as manager at Class A Ft. Lauderdale (1985-86) and then for 3 more years as field manager in Columbus (1987-89)...during parts of the 1989 and 1990 seasons he went 36-53 as manager of the Yankees and then from 1991-1994 served as third base coach for the Cardinals...joined the Rangers coaching staff in 1995 and worked 7 seasons there alongside Narron before he returned to minor league managing in 2002. "

36-53? Ouch.

That just makes my point for me. I want Billy as the interm guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Gary Redus Ruled

Give me Hatch for the rest of the yaer!
    Hoping for another Reds October

I still insist the primary reason Narron will be fired is so that the main culprit can keep the spotlight off himself a little longer: Krivsky.

Don't G.M's usually get 1 manager fire before they in turn generally start feeling the heat from above ?

Stat geek...and proud

A poster at Red Reporter (not JD) is reporting that Narron was fired after the game. This is just a rumor. Don't shoot the messenger.

Turn Off Ads?