Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Narron Fired, Mackanin in

Narron Fired, Mackanin in

Sources have told me Jerry Narron has been fired, Pete Mackanin will be the interim manager. More to come.
    - Per Trent

Good or Bad... I don't know... But Narron is gone....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Narron Fired - Trent

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Narron, Mackanin in

Sources have told me Jerry Narron has been fired, Pete Mackanin will be the interim manager. More to come.
    Last edited by oneupper; 07-01-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: duplicate thread - sorry. Mods please delete
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Re: Narron Fired, Mackanin in

I don't think he was the best manager, but I also don't see him as being the biggest problem. It's almost ridiculous to give the guy an extension and then can him less than a year later.

Re: Narron Fired - Trent

Pete Mackanin
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Peter Mackanin, Jr. (born August 1, 1951 in Chicago, Illinois) is a former Major League Baseball player and current coach.

Mackanin was drafted by the Washington Senators in the 1969 Major League Baseball Draft and made his debut with them in 1973, after they'd moved and become the Texas Rangers. In a 9-year career, he also played for the Montréal Expos, Philadelphia Phillies, and Minnesota Twins. In 548 games, he had a batting average of .226, 355 hits, 30 home runs, and 141 RBI.

After retiring as a player, Mackanin spent many years managing and coaching in the minor leagues. He became the Expos' Third Base Coach in 1997 and spent four years in that position. After returning to minor league managing for two years, he became Bench Coach for the Pittsburgh Pirates for the 2003 season. He served as interim Manager of the Pirates for the last month of the 2005 season, leading the team to a 12-14 record. He is currently the Advance Scout for the Cincinnati Reds.

He is a graduate of Brother Rice High School in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Good or Bad... I don't know... But Narron is gone....
    lost season already. A move to appease the masses and possibly for WK to deflect attention and maybe save his own job.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

It's good.

Good for our pitcher's arms. Good for team morale. Good for fans who need a head to roll to restore some sense of "hope".

Mackannin managed down here (i'm in Venezuela currently) in the winter leagues and IIRC won a title or two.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    It's almost ridiculous
    ... WK has specialized in the ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    ... WK has specialized in the ridiculous
    That's the second WK contract that was eaten with a good amt of time left on it. Next up...Castro?

Who is Petey Mac? The guy in Louisville?

Whither Bucky Dent?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Who is Petey Mac? The guy in Louisville?

Whither Bucky Dent?
    He is an advance scout for the Reds. I wonder who else is leaving with Narron.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Pete Mackanin
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Peter Mackanin, Jr. (born August 1, 1951 in Chicago, Illinois) is a former Major League Baseball player and current coach.

Mackanin was drafted by the Washington Senators in the 1969 Major League Baseball Draft and made his debut with them in 1973, after they'd moved and become the Texas Rangers. In a 9-year career, he also played for the Montréal Expos, Philadelphia Phillies, and Minnesota Twins. In 548 games, he had a batting average of .226, 355 hits, 30 home runs, and 141 RBI.

After retiring as a player, Mackanin spent many years managing and coaching in the minor leagues. He became the Expos' Third Base Coach in 1997 and spent four years in that position. After returning to minor league managing for two years, he became Bench Coach for the Pittsburgh Pirates for the 2003 season. He served as interim Manager of the Pirates for the last month of the 2005 season, leading the team to a 12-14 record. He is currently the Advance Scout for the Cincinnati Reds.

He is a graduate of Brother Rice High School in Chicago.

Good move going with a scout and not a coaching staff member
    Go Gators!

Man Pills

Mac took over the Pirates after Lloyd got the axe I believe.

I sense a pattern.

Re: Narron Fired - Trent

Posted in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by Stormy; 07-01-2007 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Whither Bucky Dent?
    I would say it is an indication all of the coaches better be updating their resumes. Pete would definately seem to be a true interim manager.

Turn Off Ads?