Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: hello to all reds fans

martyandsteve@redsonradio.com

Not sure about the TV guys
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Introductions Thread

Guess I shoulda come here first, but I didn't see/pay attention to this thread when I first started and got rollin in game updates lol. But hey all.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: hello to all reds fans

Tell Marty,Rik from Hamilton says hi.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MATT IN CHAR NC
    Hello, Redszone. My name is Matt, and my Daddy has been a member here at Redszone for a long time. I have been bugging him to let me be a member. I love to play baseball and I play first base and bat fourth for my Little League All Star team. I love the Reds and like to read all about them here at Redszone. I watch them every time they are on TV with my dad when I am not playing games of my own.
    Welcome Matt!
    School's out. What did you expect?

Hey everyone! New to this board, stumbled upon while trying to do some internet searches for some info on a childhood friend Tom Shearn and how he was doing in the Reds Organization. Iam also a BIG Reds fan as well, actually went to the Reds vs Indians game on last Friday night and was treated to Adam Dunn hitting a walk off grand slam! Good game, to bad they blew the rest of the series.

Re: New Member

Makes all the routine posts.

Re: New Member

hey im also new to this board but have been a lifelong reds fan and will continue even through what seems like is gonna be another Dark Age with Narron at the helm but Krivsky will fix em up as fast as he can im sure

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Hello,

Thanks for accepting my membership. I have been following the Reds since 1973. My boy has all my 1970's Reds posters (framed) in his room. He has Pete Rose, Tom Seaver, Johnny Bench and Dave Concepcion.

Hopefully, the Reds can win out before the All-Star break. (fingers crossed)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Welcome goreds2
    Go Gators!

Thanks,

Let's break the losing streak tonight.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I'm toolsy.

Here's my intro!!

I've been a viewer here for over a year, but I have finally decided that I want to have some input. I am a 31 year old fan of the Reds. I started loving the Reds as an early teen when guys like Eric Davis and Barry Larkin were my heros. I am from the Louisville, KY area. Nice to meet all of you all. I have really enjoyed the things that you have added to my Reds experience in the last couple years and I hope that I can contribure a fraction of the knowledge that you have given to me. HELLO ALL!!!!

redsin2006

I went to my first reds game in 1965. I was 7 and I remember I had a popcorn box (that doubled as a megaphone) and I had it signed by a few of the reds. My dad said if we stood near the clubhouse I could get an autograph. I got Rose, Pinson, and a few others.

What really stands out in my mind was the trip to the game. We lived in Milford and the ballpark was on the west end so the trip took about 40 minutes (or long enough to want to pee) and my dad stopped the 57 chevywagon on I-75, opened both doors on the passenger side and said "GO", and I did. We parked by Union Terminal.

#5 - Johnny Bench

Hello. I'm rude. No really. I'm rude. It's my REAL name. Well, real last name.

Anyhoo, growing up my fondest Reds memories are sitting on the back porch with my Grandfather, eating ice cream and listening to Marty and Joe.

I was fortunate enough to enjoy many a game during the BRM era. I was there the night that Tony Perez became the all-time Reds leader in RBI's (since broken by Bench) and got his autograph after the game. I was there the night Johnny Bench hit his only pinch-hit home run. I remember being at a game where Pete Rose led off with a home run to left.

Other Reds memories: My Mom almost having a fingernail completely ripped off trying to snag a foul ball, getting written-up by an R.A. for making too much noise in college while I was listening to Ron Robinson almost pitch a no-hitter. Watching the Reds sweep the A's with my late Step-Father. Tearing up when Bench hit his home run on Johnny Bench night and raising his index finger to the crowd as he rounded the bases. Watching Sparky Anderson "talking" to the umps with his hands in his backpockets. Being nicknamed "Charlie Hustle" by the guys on my softball team because I play just like Pete did. Always wearing #5 when I play any sport (yes, I once gave a guy a case of beer just so I could have the number ala Mitch Williams and John Kruk).

I live down here in New Orleans (we're fine...very little damage to our property...we were fortunate) and listen to the games on XM Satellite Radio or watch them on MLB Gameplan.

Glad to be aboard.

Turn Off Ads?