Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Hello. Big Ron Gant fan. Bigger Cincinnati Reds fan.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Welcome to all!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Ryanballa

Finally found a really good site to talk to other Reds fans.I have been on CBSSPORTS Reds forum and they took the forums down,so I have been on the search for a good forum and I think I found one.I'm excited to talk to everybody and share all kinds of great Reds memories with a new group of Reds fans.

Welcome to all our new members!

Kurt Stillwell Fan hairmetalfreek's Avatar

I don't believe I have introduced myself yet...I'm a 37 year old Reds fan who also enjoys horror movies and music of all sorts. I'm currently a 911 dispatcher but have also spent time in the radio industry, both commercial and not-for-profit. While I loved my time in radio, it simply would not pay the bills and support the family, especially the way the business went.

I also run a blog called The Writer's Journey which covers baseball, horror, music, and whatever else I feel like.

Greetings folks from Washington state. Been following the home town Mariners all my life(please hold your condolences), and in 2010 I decided I needed an NL team to keep my baseball sanity. So after going through several candidates, I feel in love with the Brandon Phillips(Always been a fan of slick fielding 2B's) and the Reds. Been following them ever since.

Been looking for a great place to talk Reds baseball and this seems to be it.

8. Likes:

camisadelgolf (05-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1701 View Post
    Greetings folks from Washington state. Been following the home town Mariners all my life(please hold your condolences), and in 2010 I decided I needed an NL team to keep my baseball sanity. So after going through several candidates, I feel in love with the Brandon Phillips(Always been a fan of slick fielding 2B's) and the Reds. Been following them ever since.

Been looking for a great place to talk Reds baseball and this seems to be it.
    Welcome Goose. Please keep us aprised of what's going on with the Mariners and other happenings up there in the Pac NW. I follow the M's to a certain extent myself

Hello all. Huge Reds and Bengals fan here. I lived in Ohio for 26 years and now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I have been a member of a Bengals board for years with a Reds forum but it isn't very active and given the lack of info available to me down here (all Rays talk) I figured now is as good a time as any to join, say hello, and keep up with all things Reds!

Ill be up for one of the Pirates game this June and cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Welcome Goose. Please keep us aprised of what's going on with the Mariners and other happenings up there in the Pac NW. I follow the M's to a certain extent myself
    Well, long story short the team is still mediocre. There have been some good surprises(Iwakuma,Bay). The offensive core, outside of Seager and Saunders is struggling(though Ackley appears to be coming around) and the loaded farm system has good signs(Franklin,Miller,Hultzen when healthy, Zunino kinda) and some bad(Paxton,Walker,Hultzen injury,Rameriz injury, Zunino's K's). And lastly the front office is taking some major justified heat for their inability to develop good hitters outside of Seager(they don't get credit for Saunders, because he had to go outside the organization to finish developing).

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-09-2013)

Hi everyone

Lifelong Reds fan from Indianapolis, have had the honor of attending a Reds World Series game @ Riverfront with my late beloved Grandpa at the ripe age of 4

Been lurking watching the game threads and figured I should get on board.
    And This One Belongs To The Reds

Hello everyone. I am a born again Reds & baseball fan living in Syracuse, NY. I was a huge Reds fan in my youth but lost interest in baseball in the mid 90s - there were no other baseball fans around me and the strikes just pissed me off. A few years ago, I thought I would try getting back into baseball but decided to follow a NY team & decided on the Mets. Try as I might, I just could not get excited about that team. Last September, I began a job at SUNY Cortland where there is a great Sport Management Department. The Chair of that department is also a huge baseball fan & former owner of a minor league team and through conversations with him, my interest in baseball was rekindled. I didn't find myself checking up & following the Mets, however. I kept heading back to the Reds website and now I am back! Go Big Red Machine!

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-30-2013),cumberlandreds (06-10-2013),foxfire123 (05-30-2013)

I am a St. Louis native/resident and a Cardinal fan, and I just made my account today, mainly to ask for suggestions on where to visit when I come to Cincinnati for the first time next weekend.

If this place turns out to be cool, I might stick around.

Hi Name is Jim. Reds fan all my life. Born in Ohio, reside in Tennessee now.
    Buckeyes,Bengals,& Reds...all you need and that 24 car,
    Pay It Forward

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Red View Post
    Hi Name is Jim. Reds fan all my life. Born in Ohio, reside in Tennessee now.
    Buckeyes,Bengals,& Reds...all you need and that 24 car,
    what part of TN?
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Reds fan from the Bay Area...as a little kid in early 70s my aunt was a teenager and loved Johnny Bench & Big Red Machine, so they also became my favorites. Some of my earliest baseball memories are of the greatest WS ever in 1975.

Was a member of a couple other Reds forums but not all that great, so very happy to have found this one.

21. Likes:

OC_Red (07-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?