Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Big Tuna

Hello all- I've often visited this site to keep up to date on Cincinnati Reds news and opinions and finally decided to join. I was born and raised in Cincinnati but will be moving to Columbus this weekend due to an opportunity to advance within my company. I will miss the city of Cincinnati tremendously, but one of the things I'll miss the most is heading down to the ballpark after work to catch a game (I guess there's always weekend series' right?). The reason for me joining this site after being a spectator of the message boards for a few years is to keep up to date and keep my fire for Cincinnati baseball alive while I'm gone, which hopefully won't be too terribly long.

I am an avid fan of The Office (as some of you can probably tell from my user name). I am 23 years old and a 2008 graduate of Ohio University. My all-time favorite Red (or MLB player for that matter) is none other than Barry Larkin.

I hope that tells you enough about me. I can't wait to get into some great Reds discussions with all of you.

Errol

Hey all, my name is Errol. I have been reading over the threads here for a few weeks now, seems like a great place to discuss our beloved Redlegs! Just wish I could immediately post on the Old Red Guard, but I guess that distinction must be earned. Anyway, I am 26 years old and live in Xenia, OH just east of Dayton, I wish I could make it to a few more Reds games a year but it often comes down to taking care of the family first, so I usually only see a couple games a year when my funds/wife will allow!

I think the team has a lot of potential this year, and have to think even a division championship would not be out of the question, although all the cards would have to fall just right including the ones in St Louis.

to Reds Country!

I've posted here for a few months now but I guess I never formally introduced my self.

To start, until about a year ago I had never really been a Reds fan. The AA affiliation of the Reds locating here in our back yard changed all that. I've done my best to get caught up on the organization and the prospects. Having the Mudcats just down the road has helped tremendously. Traveled to watch Louisville play in Durham in the playoffs last year. The Reds affiliation with Lynchburg in the Carolina League pretty much gives me a full time job this summer and I can't wait for the season to start.

This is a great board by the way. I've enjoyed reading the posts.

So I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Brian and I live in Cincinnati. Big Reds fan as far back as I can remember. My favorite videos to watch when I was young were my dad's 1990 reds world series tapes as I was only 5 in 1990 I didn't watch it live. Searched for this forum as I am looking for a good place to discuss the Reds through the season. Plan to go to many games this year I live close to downtown.

Redlegs_87

My name is Sean I live in Fairborn, OH about an hour away from Cincy. I use to watch the reds regularly when I was a kid went to a few games. Stopped following them in my teen years when I started to chase the girls and what not. Just last Sept for my 22nd birthday my uncle took me to my first Reds game in like 9+ years. Just to tell how long ago they still had Deion Sanders in the line up. Walking into GABP and seeing the field and the red seats flashed me back to when I as a kid watching and playing baseball.

We lost to the Marlins that night but it had rekindled my love for the Reds and have been following them again since.

Hey all I'm Zeph from VA. A young 22 here and wasn't always a Reds fan growing up. To be honest I was more of a fan of players as a kid: Ripken & Griffey being my top 2. My dad though was always a Reds fan and as I got older I sort of adopted his "fandom" if you will.

Doesn't hurt that VA doesn't have a pro team, but it seems like Braves fans are galore in this state. Along with your Yanks and Red Sox. BLAH! Look forward to sharing a successful season with everyone on the boards. Later!

i love lamp

Howdys. I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this forum..looks great!!

- Dave

Rojo Johnson #99

Hey Everybody

I'm Jordan and I live on the west side of Cincinnati. I've been a Reds fan since birth. My first Reds memory is going to Opening Day and sitting in the yellow seats at Riverfront Stadium. I have an autographed hat from Marge Schott and Schottzie from when I sang the 7th inning stretch with her (I was a shy boy and terrified at the time). I go to Notre Dame and rep the Reds among the rampant amount of Cubs fans there. I also had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for a year.

Finally, I would like to state that it's a travesty that Mr. Red is no longer with us. My user name is a memorial to his greatness. Hopefully Reds fans will realize that a fake-mustached Mr. Red and a ripoff of the Philly Phanatic are not suitable mascots for the organization.

Welcome to all the new folks this is the place to be on the internet for Reds fans.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Rojo View Post
    Hey Everybody

I'm Jordan and I live on the west side of Cincinnati. I've been a Reds fan since birth. My first Reds memory is going to Opening Day and sitting in the yellow seats at Riverfront Stadium. I have an autographed hat from Marge Schott and Schottzie from when I sang the 7th inning stretch with her (I was a shy boy and terrified at the time). I go to Notre Dame and rep the Reds among the rampant amount of Cubs fans there. I also had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for a year.

Finally, I would like to state that it's a travesty that Mr. Red is no longer with us. My user name is a memorial to his greatness. Hopefully Reds fans will realize that a fake-mustached Mr. Red and a ripoff of the Philly Phanatic are not suitable mascots for the organization.
    Mustached Mr Red predates clean cut Mr Red. he's the original.

Hey everyone, longtime reader first time poster.

I currently live in Columbus, going to OSU and almost done with my degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I grew up in Toledo, but my Mom was raised in Cincinnati and I used to spend a couple weeks every summer with my grandparents down there, and would always get to go to a couple games while I was there. So from a young age I was indoctrinated into being a reds fan, and I really enjoy reading this board to hear from other reds fans.

slotrodandy

Hey guys. I am Andy. Longtime follower of the Reds. First game was as a kid in 93 and have went to many games since. My 3 year old is becoming a huge Reds fan. I have already taken him to half a dozen or so games. Nothing brings me joy like sitting with him and my dad at the game. That is the kind of family tradition I like.

Dissident

Hello all,

I'm a Cards fan. Have been reading your message boards since 2000 when the Ken Griffey Jr. signing was announced. You have a great bunch of guys here. Knowledgable and erudite fans. I've finally registered because it looks like the Cards and Reds are going down to the wire this season and I just can't get enough baseball talk when the division race is this heated.

Looks like you have a very good young team here. Looking forward to the next two games and the rest of the season series.

Turn Off Ads?