Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: Introductions Thread

Oh, trust me- if they played for the Reds at the big-league level, the people here have heard of 'em. (Even Glenn Sutko.) Just looking down your draft class, I see a handful of recognizable major-leaguers... as well as one Johnny Almaraz (same guy who's now the international scouting director and GM candidate, right?).

Start yourself a thread on Reds Live. Trust me, you'll get attention.

I'll throw out the first question: did it surprise you that Shackleford ended up a pitcher? How was he able to switch midstream like that? Doing it in his mid-twenties and after he'd already cracked the higher levels of the system seems quite rare.

And the second: did something bad happen to Smitherman? He went from 2003 Minor-League POY to the edge of free agenthood. Was he hurt?
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 02-09-2006 at 03:12 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    biggsd

Brand new Cincy fan here living in the home of the Royals...the Omaha Royals...they can't be as bad as KC, can they?

bcolvard

no it really didn't surprise me about Shakleford, I always thought he was a better pitcher than hitter, he pitched some at OU... as for the other question I just think the different style pitching at the AAA level is not suited for Smitherman (more breaking balls and better placed") he hasn't been hurt as far as I've heard...

franky22

New Here

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but I have been a Reds fan for a while being that they are the closest team to where I am from Lexington. I am interested in the upcoming 2006 season and would like to know what people think the starting line-up will be for the team including a few of the pitchers. I haven't kept up with the Reds like I have wanted to but I am more interested this season being that I am graduating from college and all. So drop me a line and let me know what is up and maybe some predictions for the season. Thanks and later.

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Hi,all. I'm Anthony and I'm a recovering Reds fan. I have followed the Reds since the early 70's when I first discovered the world of baseball. I grew up with visions of Rose, Morgan, Bench, and Perez in my head.

1990 was a magical year for me. I got to see my first Reds home game that summer. Man, what a long drive that was from South Carolina.

I remember like it was yesterday when sitting in Riverfront Stadium in September 1990, when the Reds clinched the old West division during a rain delay. I remember the sound of the crowd as it grew louder and louder as word spread throughout Riverfront that the Reds had clinched due to a Dodgers' loss. It was so surreal! Marge, Sweet Lou, Eric Davis, and the Saint Bernard. What a scene that was. The game was cancelled due to the rain, but that didn't dampen my now ex-wife and mine's exuberance. Before exiting the Riverfront, we stopped by a souvenir stand and I bought a commemorative tee shirt that had been printed to mark the clinching, a bumper sticker, and a Reds coffee mug. The bumper sticker and the ex-wife are long gone, but the tattered remains of that tee-shirt and even now shiny mug (for it never had a drop of liquid put into it) have endured the sands of time.

Some things in my life will come and go, but my love for the Cincinnati Reds will be with me until the day I die. We have had some very lean years recently in the Reds' kingdom, but better days are ahead with Mr. Castellini and Mr. Krivsky sitting at the throne of power.

Thanks for letting me join this group.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by biggsd
    Brand new Cincy fan here living in the home of the Royals...the Omaha Royals...they can't be as bad as KC, can they?
    Brand new, eh? What prompted the new love?

Welcome.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

IndySportsFan01

Hey all. I'm 18 and from Indiana. I'm a huge Reds fan despite them pretty much sucking most of my lifetime. My dad and uncle grew up huge Reds fans so I have grown up with them myself.

We usually make it to anywhere from 1-5 games a year, hopefully more this year.

Makes all the routine posts.

WAGS

my name is ghettochild and i like to dance

What the heck is that?!?
    Go Gators!

WAGS

its a pickle

Welcome! Love all your little dancing guys. Are you related to Ellen Degenerous? She loves to dance too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Re: New to board

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    My alma mater. Go Cards. A welcome Cards fan, indeed!!
    Holla on that one. At least for football season. Welcome though.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

redvedder

Hi. Been reading some of the stuff on here and I'm pleasantly suprised. I've known about this board for a while, but just never took the time. Seems like everyone gets along for the most part. Anyone else here from Ohio? O.k., pretty bad joke, but I tried.

Turn Off Ads?