Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    You can't see anybody in chat until you reach ten posts. Welcome to the Zone.
    Can anyone else confirm this? If so, that's not by design.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hi,

I have been a Reds fan for a while, and a lurker on this site. I finally decided to bite the bullet and join. I am excited about the new GM (WK) and hope the reds can make a run at the playoffs in the not so distant future.

GO REDS

I just signed up, and I can only come into the Non-Baseball Chatter to actually post. Can someone give me a heads up on what I have to do to be able to post in the baseball area?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner
    I just signed up, and I can only come into the Non-Baseball Chatter to actually post. Can someone give me a heads up on what I have to do to be able to post in the baseball area?
    Welcome, Eddie Milner was a favorite of mine during the '83-'85 campaigns. Looking back I am not sure why, but I guess I was a small, scrawney dude back then and connected with him that way.

No idea why you can't post though. I am sure someone will come along shortly and let you know what is up.

GL

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
    Yeap. for the last few years the answer was usually "Unfortunately" but hopefully this year is better.

2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan?
    My pops coming home from work on a Friday night after a long week and asking if I wanted to go to the game. I had my first sip of beer, first dip, first score sheet, first hot dog, and said my first profane word at Riverfront.

3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
    from redreporter.com

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
    Grew up in cincy, now live in northern indiana

6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
    I drink, heavily.

7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
    Nope

8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
    nope

9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
    nope

10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
    front to back

11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
    i would cut one off and be a uni for the rest of my life if it could bring my reds back to glory.

12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
    He strikes out too much, but he gets on base a ton.

13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Freel, with his DUIs you know he's a good time.

14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?
    a love for Eddie Milner

15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?
    whatever

I grew up two houses down from Eddie Milner and he would always throw pitches to us in the backyard. Nicest guy I ever met. I have about 30 Eddie Milner signed baseball cards because of it, they probably are worth a collective $.13 but i've kept them for 20 years and through 8 moves.

Welcome Eddie
    Go Gators!

jr3fan

Hey, everybody. I'm new to this site. I heard about it from a fellow Reds fan.
    I am from Louisville, and became a fan when Louisville became the Reds Triple-A affiliate and when the Reds acquired Jr., who has always been my favorite player. I'm looking forward to great discussions on here. I am an avid fan. I keep up with the Reds on FSN Ohio, reds.com, WLW (Marty and Steve rule!) and now this fan zone.

well, where do I start? My parents are from Ohio originally-Tiffin, Finley, and moved out of Ohio from Cincy to various states before stopping in North Carolina, where I was born. My dad raised me on the Reds, telling me stories of drinking beer with Ted K, sneaking into games after he got out of work, and teaching me ball on the Big Red Machine. I used to dress up in my soccer shins, cowboy vest on backwards, and a halloween mask to pretend I was Johnny Bench catching-and ended up staying a catcher through college and a semi-pro league. My dad and I drove from NC to Cooperstown to watch Bench get inducted-chained my chair to a fence overnight and slept in it to make sure I was front row of the crwod. I go to Spring Training yearly, and try to catch the Reds when/where I can. Oddly enough, i have never been to a game in Cincy though ;( I am now 31, live in NC still, and work with disadvantaged youth. Go to Durham Bulls games all the time, esp when the bats are in town. I got to go out and hang out with many of em a few years back-including Dunn and Kearns, after a game! I am new here, been on a few other randmom boards here and there. Besides the Reds, I am a huge Steelers fan, and UNC Tar Heels fan in every sport!!!!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h
    Besides the Reds, I am a huge Steelers fan, and UNC Tar Heels fan in every sport!!!!
    It's a good thing most of us are a rather forgiving lot and and overlook minor flaws like that.

I think this is a good time for this kind of thread, just to show how much incredible diversity exists here on redszone!

I grew up in Cincy - moved around a lot after dropping out of two music schools (including UC conservatory of Music) and have mostly lived in new York City since the mid 70s.

I am a professional musician - a drummer. I've recorded with BB King, Robbie Robertson, Carly Simon, Joan Osborne, The Knack and a ton more and toured with a bunch of people - from heavy metal (Ace Frehley) to jazz (Bill Evans) (that's the short version... I hate listing all the people) i also am now an educator with a book - an instructional DVD and a semi-regular column in the leading drummer's magazine. Besides playing gigs, I also do what we call Drum Clinics - and Master Classes. Sometimes at universities - and sometimes at music stores.

i don't have the time to hang out and enter conversations too often, but I get immense pleasure from this group. I'm pretty much here for aminute at least eveery day! I've learned alot from people on this site. The mods are Gods
    In all, I think we are ALL very exceptional!
    anyhoo - there ya go.

GO REDS!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    It's a good thing most of us are a rather forgiving lot and and overlook minor flaws like that.
    Minor?!?

j/k...maybe. Welcome bounty!

My parents are from Ohio originally-Tiffin
    Annie Oakley Country.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Annie Oakley Country.
    People from Greenville might dispute that a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody
    People from Greenville might dispute that a bit.
    Really? I just read Tiffin last night in The Devil in White City (of course I always read Cincinnati in the Britnaticas of the past)

Turn Off Ads?