Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Welcome Wild thing! What position did you used to play?
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hello fellow Reds fan

Long time lurker, first time poster. Name is Jeff, 32 years old, been a Reds fan my whole life. Favorite Reds player of all time is Barry Larkin.

fitngoblr

Lifelong Reds fan here. I used to go visit my Grandfather in Southern WV in the summer and we would listen to Reds games. He took me to my first Reds game @ Riverfront in the summer of '74. I have been hooked since. I look forward to reading and contributing.
    Go Reds. I believe.

spyederman

Hello from Alaska from a lifelong Reds fan. My favorite Reds have been Dave Concepcion and Barry Larkin. In ref to fitngoblr, I used to live in southern WV (Athens) and listened to the games also. My favorite part of alot of games was being able to hear Marty Brennaman sign off with "And this one belongs to the Reds". Unfortunantly I've never been to a Red's game but I've met Pete Rose twice and George Foster once. I am taking a trip to WV to see family sometime this summer and am going to try and schedule it with a stop in Cincinnati to finally see them play. I like our team this year and we should only continue to get better as our already good young players get more experience and become great young players.

Welcome Hoosier, fitngoblr and spyederman. Be prepared we run a heck of a competitive site here. Be cool, be wise and have fun.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Don't know how many overseas posters you have, but add one from London, England.

I'm Rich, 33 years old, and have been reading and enjoying the ORG for a couple of months, so thought it time I signed up. And having just spent three hours of my life that I'll never get back watching the 3-2 loss to the Nats, I need something to try and cheer me up!

With no mainstream coverage of baseball in the UK, I'm entirely reliant on the Internet to get my baseball fix, so thanks in advance for your welcome and help!

New to the site. Signed-up in time for the weekend series. My name is Derek, I'm 22, live in Kansas, and am a lifelong Royals fan. I have always followed the Reds, I was born September 11, 1985 so I've always had a natural tie with Pete Rose, who is my 2nd favorite player of all-time, behind George Brett.

The first game I ever attended was in Cincinnati, June 20 1991. Although I wasn't yet 6 years old, I do still remember some of being there. The Reds lost in extra innings to the Expos, 1-0.

Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself. Looking forward to this weekend!

Welcome to both of you. It's great to have some unique views around here!

Hey RedsZone, new guy here.

Scotty Johnson, 41, lifelong West Virginian and Reds fan. I was very fortunate, like many of you, to grow up listening to and watching the Big Red Machine. Loved listening to Marty & Joe on my little radio I kept in my headboard. During the season, it was always tuned to WCHS 580 AM!

This forum looks like a pretty nice place to actually discuss Reds baseball without dealing with too much "he sucks" stuff.

I look forward to reading the forum and contributing in the near future.

GO REDS!!!!!

Welcome, Scotty.

Welcome to Reds Country!

kjohnson88

Hello RedsZone, my name is Kevin.

I am 20 years old, and the Reds are my favorite team. I like baseball statistics, and I'm amazed at what is out there today. I have a lot to learn in terms of numbers, and this is a great place to learn from.

Thanks for this site, and go Reds!

Hey everyone at RZ, I'm Pat.

Been a fan of the Reds since my family moved here in '94, but became a huge fan when my favorite player, Griffey, was traded here. Although he didn't quite pan out, I've stayed a fan.

I'm a 23 year old grad student at UC, went to undergrad at Ohio State. I live on the other side of the Roebling bridge, within walking distance of GABP, so I was going to games often but toned down once the production declined. I've been lurking on ORG for a month or so, and generally agree with most things being said. Looking forward to hopefully a better 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by patmicmac View Post
    Hey everyone at RZ, I'm Pat.

Been a fan of the Reds since my family moved here in '94, but became a huge fan when my favorite player, Griffey, was traded here. Although he didn't quite pan out, I've stayed a fan.

I'm a 23 year old grad student at UC, went to undergrad at Ohio State. I live on the other side of the Roebling bridge, within walking distance of GABP, so I was going to games often but toned down once the production declined. I've been lurking on ORG for a month or so, and generally agree with most things being said. Looking forward to hopefully a better 2010.
    Welcome, Pat. I think you'll enjoy it here.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Hey guys, what's up. I've been reading for several months, and I finally decided to sign up. Hope I have fun here.

Turn Off Ads?