Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Hey all.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pastor Rusty

Hello fellow Reds fans.

I must say that I am looking forward to this season. I detect that many of you are very frustrated, and there is reason, but at this point I do my very best to have positive thoughts about Reds baseball 2006.

First, Womack, a native of Virginia, I actually interviewed him when he was a Pirate, is not a bum. He can swipe bases, play decent D and lead off. I think he deserves 2B.

Second, as much as I loved Casey, I believe pitching was more important. Aurilla and Hatterburg are just as good as Casey.

I like the new GM, can't spell his name, but I like him. He is trying. He traded for a third catcher, odd with a dynamic duo like ours, but he knows so much more of what's going on than we do. LaRue for pitching, dependable pitching, yes sir, in a second I'd do that. Let it develop.

Also, I like Freel, but I don't know if he should ever be an everyday player.

By the way, I'm a Baptist pastor, living in Virginia. I grew up in Virginia during the glory years and our local station carried Reds games, so I have been a big fan from the time I was old enough to know what baseball was.

Welcome.

Just a note that the following are probably considered heresy by some at Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Rusty
    First, Womack, a native of Virginia, I actually interviewed him when he was a Pirate, is not a bum. He can swipe bases, play decent D and lead off. I think he deserves 2B.

Also, I like Freel, but I don't know if he should ever be an everyday player.

Hi again!
    Last request here - nightclubs with live music?
    Any cool places to hang out at? Not pick-up places, just hang out, listen to some good music and get a feel for the city?
    What's around near the yard? Doesn't have to have live music, just a place to have a beer & relax. Very low key. No TGIFridays
    Thanks in advance!

xtremeohio

Hello all!

hey all!

i love the content here. i've actually been reading the forums here for about 3 months, and i've decided it's time to start posting.

i'm 25 m from dayton. huge reds/bengals/uc (really anything cincy) fan.

im cautiously optimistic about this year (but experience tells me not to expect more than 70ish wins).

i am however looking forward to seeing jay bruce and some other prospects in dayton this summer. i try to see a lot of dragons games, and actually lived with cody straight, bradley key this summer and joey votto for a couple of weeks.

anyways, GO REDS!

Re: Hello all!

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Cards fan directed here by a friend. Check profile on cardsclubhouse.com if you want to know more about me. And I know you do

YawkeyWay

Hey Reds Fans,

I'm a Red Sox fan, registered here after the Arroyo-Pena trade to try and gauge the chatter on both sides (Sons of Sam Horn being the other) and I've got to say I really enjoy the general baseball talk as well.

I've been posting at a Cardinals board for a little over a year and some of their members reccomended this one after the Arroyo trade and it's really a quality baseball site. It's always refreshing to see boards that don't lock out fans of other teams.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Welcome aboard other team guys. ramp and mattymo will show you around...
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

hello all...

Quote Originally Posted by YawkeyWay
    Hey Reds Fans,

I'm a Red Sox fan, registered here after the Arroyo-Pena trade to try and gauge the chatter on both sides (Sons of Sam Horn being the other) and I've got to say I really enjoy the general baseball talk as well.

I've been posting at a Cardinals board for a little over a year and some of their members reccomended this one after the Arroyo trade and it's really a quality baseball site. It's always refreshing to see boards that don't lock out fans of other teams.
    Well, we don't pay for referrals -

BTW - What's it like in September on a team's message board when that team is in a pennat race. Inquiring minds want to know.

Also - sorry to fleece you Arroyo for Pena. You'll thank us later. :tongueincheek:

Welcome!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

hello

I signed up on these boards awhile back but forget my name, password and stuff. Baseball season starting again gets me geared up so hopefully I'll be more faithful this time. After all, I have little trouble tuning into a game on a regular basis. I vaguely remember the couple years before the strike. Barrys' MVP year is my first most detailed following. I would try to kick myself, if I could, for missing seeing Johnny play, but I was just a wee glimmer in my parents eyes.

Kearns and Junior all my guys (pause for your laughter)
    I still think Kearns will show everybody up and have a good year. *recalls one-hop throw from RF to knock off runner trying to take 3rd in game last year vs. Marlins*

As you can probably guess from my screenname I do not care for Doc K. Any team doc nicked Doc Hollywood and does interviews with Marty needs to get a life and back to his business. Everytime I hear his name mentioned I picture him standing out on the field sharpening his butcher knife, looking for the next victim.

Anyway, this one belongs to the Reds!!!!!!!

Griffey4Prez

New here......

Hows it goin everyone? Im from Jersey but am a big fan of Griffey and the Reds... Reds are looking pretty decent in pre-season so far and Griffey looks as if hell have another great year if he stays healthy(knock on wood)I think it sucks that Griffeys career has been dampered by injuries, he would be right up with Bonds(Steroids) in career homeruns slot,but anyway the team is young and i think we can be big in the future....The forums look good and i look to be here for a while.....I also make sigs and such if anyone needs anything... heres a wallpaper i made of Dunn...

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dunn3wl.jpg

Welcome Prez
    Go Gators!

Hi all, I am a 23 year old new member, attend Northern Kentucky U, a transfer from UK (huge wildcats fan) and have been a Reds fan since the first day I can remember. somewhat quiet, I am an occasional poster on other reds blog sites, such as redsreporter.com, and have seen reference to redszone for some time and decided to check it out, from what I've seen this will be my new daily first stop for reds chatter. Thank you for establishing such a great site and I hope to continue with you. Go REDS!

Turn Off Ads?