Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introduction IndyPhils

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPhils View Post
    Hi, everyone. Just registered here. I live in Indianapolis,IN. Grew up in Toledo. I am in fact a Phillies fan. grew up in the 70's when the Phillies had powder blue, Carlton, Rose, Schmidt.

Came over here from a link at Philliesphans.com to a discussion about Dunn/Burrell/Schmidt. Found your discussion interesting, so thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I am a big believer that baseball is a game unique in that alomst everything about the game can be quantified. Players can be evaluated via statistics moreso than any mainstream American sport. But then there is even more! Love baseball.

In many ways the Phillies and Reds are similair teams. Look foward to many good discussions about baseball here.

Anyways, I'm not here to troll, just have intelligent baseball discussions.
    Welcome dude!

I really like the Phillies this year - Garcia was a big add. The Mets will be tough though.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Welcome aboard! Those Phillie teams of the late 70's were really good. They just had to buy a few from the Big Red Machine to put them over the top in 1980.
    Actually it was 1983 that they had three from the BRM,Rose,Morgan and Perez. Thanks to retrosheet it keeps me from relying too much on my memory.
    Well not to mention they had Dayton's Mike Schmidt (college Ohio Univ. Athens) and Cincinnati's own Len Matuszek played some games that season too. They also had three future Reds: Bo Diaz, Juan Samuel and John Denny.

Good to see another Indianapolis guy here.!!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPhils View Post
    Hi, everyone. Just registered here. I live in Indianapolis,IN. Grew up in Toledo. I am in fact a Phillies fan. grew up in the 70's when the Phillies had powder blue, Carlton, Rose, Schmidt.

Came over here from a link at Philliesphans.com to a discussion about Dunn/Burrell/Schmidt. Found your discussion interesting, so thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I am a big believer that baseball is a game unique in that alomst everything about the game can be quantified. Players can be evaluated via statistics moreso than any mainstream American sport. But then there is even more! Love baseball.

In many ways the Phillies and Reds are similair teams. Look foward to many good discussions about baseball here.

Anyways, I'm not here to troll, just have intelligent baseball discussions.
    Good to have you aboard. We grew up watching the Phils in the same era (though I caught BRM fever in 1972, so I never rooted for the Phillies).

It can't be easy having the view of the game you do and being a Phillies fan. I get to hear riffs on how Bob Abreu secretly sucks from my relatives and I can only imagine how that topic has played out in the larger Philadelphia fan base.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

DBRtheYankee

Re: Introductions Thread

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am a die hard Yankee fan, and actually run a Yankees website "not as active as this great place", but just love the game of baseball and love chatting about it. This seems like a very well ran place and cannot wait to start talking some baseball!

Welcome
    Go Gators!

The Crosley Kid

I am so happy to be back in my hometown and back in the town with THE GREATEST BASEBALL TEAM and GREATEST BASEBALL FANS! I just found this site and am happy to be here.

Hello, I'm new to Redszone today. I've been reading for months at work, but just had the time to register today. I've been a Reds fan my whole life. God knows why, with the exception of 1990 I haven't had too much to cheer for. I have an incurable hope every spring that is only crushed by July most years. Last year broke my heart. My wife and I sprung for the "rest of the season" ticket package in August last year and sat in the moon deck for all the games down the stretch. We suffered through Griffey's injury and Dunn's slump. My then 2 year old and I were there they day Griffey hit the pinch hit homer. I was the only person I know that held out real hope until that last weekend. For some reason, I always let myself believe the Reds can do it. What can I say, I'm a fan.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I'm Sonny. Been here a while but haven't made formal introductions. I'm 29, and twin brother of smith288 who has about a kagillion posts. he even gave me rep points out of pity. what a guy!

In any event. I'm married and have a 18 month old son who is already throwing a baseball (and keeping it down, might I add). We're expecting a girl in July and could not be happier. I have very limited athletic talent, so I was expecting O'brien to sign me.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I'm Sonny. Been here a while but haven't made formal introductions. I'm 29, and twin brother of smith288 who has about a kagillion posts. he even gave me rep points out of pity. what a guy!

In any event. I'm married and have a 18 month old son who is already throwing a baseball (and keeping it down, might I add). We're expecting a girl in July and could not be happier. I have very limited athletic talent, so I was expecting O'brien to sign me.
    Wait 11 years and Wayne may sign you.

Welcome aboard!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Wait 11 years and Wayne may sign you.

Welcome aboard!

kinda what I'm Banking on
    Witty signature.

Makes all the routine posts.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Hello, I'm new to Redszone today. I've been reading for months at work, but just had the time to register today. I've been a Reds fan my whole life. God knows why, with the exception of 1990 I haven't had too much to cheer for. I have an incurable hope every spring that is only crushed by July most years. Last year broke my heart. My wife and I sprung for the "rest of the season" ticket package in August last year and sat in the moon deck for all the games down the stretch. We suffered through Griffey's injury and Dunn's slump. My then 2 year old and I were there they day Griffey hit the pinch hit homer. I was the only person I know that held out real hope until that last weekend. For some reason, I always let myself believe the Reds can do it. What can I say, I'm a fan.
    It may FEEL like you're the only one, but believe me, you are not. We're all there with you 'til the bitter end. I've seen 1975, 1976, and 1990 ... there's always hope...especially at this time of year.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

MrsK

hi! i'm new! i remember the BIG RED MACHINE and Riverfront Stadium. i like baseball and support the Reds, whether they win or lose. (although obviously we'd ALL prefer them to WIN!!) nice to be here and happy posting!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsK View Post
    hi! i'm new! i remember the BIG RED MACHINE and Riverfront Stadium. i like baseball and support the Reds, whether they win or lose. (although obviously we'd ALL prefer them to WIN!!) nice to be here and happy posting!
    Hello, Mrs. K. Welcome to the board.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?