Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Like to change my name too, never did like it, too much trouble to type in, and would rather be SF , short for some fool
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 01-19-2007 at 02:41 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pomp

Hello, my darlings. I wear goggles like Chris Sabo. I swing like Eric Davis. I kiss like Jose Rijo.

Sakata

Hi everyone. I love baseball, and wish we could make a super team of genetically engineered Barry Larkin/Joe Morgan clones. That would ROCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomp View Post
    Hello, my darlings. I wear goggles like Chris Sabo. I swing like Eric Davis. I kiss like Jose Rijo.
    Dude, you aren't getting a section 8 here in R*E*D*S*Z*O*N*E. I don't care WHO you are and WHAT you are trying to prove. Don't even try to wear ladies dresses.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

NJ Yankee

Hello everyone,
    AS you might of guessed im a Yankees fan from NJ.
    I am also a Die Hard Giants and Devils (NHL)fan. I also like the New jersey Nets,Rutgers, Navy Football and Michigan State Basketball. I cant wait to talk baseball with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Yankee View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am also a Die Hard Giants and Devils (NHL)fan. I also like the New jersey Nets,Rutgers, Navy Football and Michigan State Basketball. I cant wait to talk baseball with you guys!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Hello everyone,
    Fascist!

Just kidding. Welcome.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Hello everyone,
    Welcome aboard.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Palmer4HOF

Hello everybody. I've been lurking around here for roughly 2 months or so and I figured I might as well make my first post introducing myself.

I found this site through a Bengals site I visit (go-bengals.com) and I really value the intelligent opinions on this board and the extensive use of stats to proove/disproove points.

Keep up all the great work fellas... I really appreciate the insight!

Re: Play Ball

I recently joined and have enjoyed lurking about. I figured it was time for me to officially post in honor of pitchers and catchers reporting.

I grew up in Dayton during the era of the Big Red Machine and have been a fan ever since, especially this time of year; you never know what the new season is going to bring.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Welcome y'all.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

IndyPhils

Introduction IndyPhils

Hi, everyone. Just registered here. I live in Indianapolis,IN. Grew up in Toledo. I am in fact a Phillies fan. grew up in the 70's when the Phillies had powder blue, Carlton, Rose, Schmidt.

Came over here from a link at Philliesphans.com to a discussion about Dunn/Burrell/Schmidt. Found your discussion interesting, so thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I am a big believer that baseball is a game unique in that alomst everything about the game can be quantified. Players can be evaluated via statistics moreso than any mainstream American sport. But then there is even more! Love baseball.

In many ways the Phillies and Reds are similair teams. Look foward to many good discussions about baseball here.

Anyways, I'm not here to troll, just have intelligent baseball discussions.

Re: Introduction IndyPhils

Welcome aboard! Those Phillie teams of the late 70's were really good. They just had to buy a few from the Big Red Machine to put them over the top in 1980.
    Actually it was 1983 that they had three from the BRM,Rose,Morgan and Perez. Thanks to retrosheet it keeps me from relying too much on my memory.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 02-21-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

What part of Indy are you from? I live in Fishers and work over in Carmel.

Welcome aboard!

Just yesterday I found out that Danny Ozark was quite the war hero.

He served at Omaha Beach, the Battle of the Bulge, and in Germany. He was wounded in his knee and received a Purple Heart and five battle stars.

Turn Off Ads?