Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been lurking on the board for a while and when I finally decided to start posting last night, I realized my account wasn't activated and I couldn't post anything! Whoops, LOL Things are worked out now though and I'm very much looking forward to talking Reds baseball with everyone. This is a great board and I can't wait to participate more now that I can! I've been a Reds fan pretty much my whole life (my all time fave player is Johnny Bench) although I do like the Angels and Orioles in the AL. My fave players on the current Reds team are Aaron Harang, Adam Dunn, Jared Burton, and Bronson Arroyo. Thanks to everyone for making this board so great and I can't wait to get to know everyone while talking about the Reds!
    welcome... now start padding that post count!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome! I just tried to post to a thread and it wouldn't let me. I don't know what's going on there but I'll start posting when the board lets me! LOL

Thanks for the welcome! I just tried to post to a thread and it wouldn't let me. I don't know what's going on there but I'll start posting when the board lets me! LOL
    you need 60 days of service time and 50 posts... the wait is excruciating... Today is my first day to post threads and I already have like 600 posts... I need to get a gf...

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

LOL! Thanks for the information about the posting time! I read about that a few weeks ago but forgot about it today. I can post in some of the forums so I'll just jump in (which I've done a bit here and there) and patiently wait my turn for the other ones. There's plenty of other things to talk about right now and by the time spring training rolls around, I should be good to go. I'm not the most patient person but I can ramble with the best of them!

Welcome to Reds Country

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm not the most patient person but I can ramble with the best of them!
    You'll fit right in then!

Welcome!

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Hey ya'll. Just say no to Eric Bedard!
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Hello all. I am a lifelong Reds Fan attending my first game in 1967 at 7 years old. I have been reading the site for the last month or so and am duly impressed. I have never joined a discussion site on the internet before but can't think of a better reason than to share questions, comments and snide remarks on the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    Sure. Just say no to ORG.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    Not to attack you personally, but this post made me want the start the official "Erik Bedard's name is Erik, not Eric" thread ...

not a typist,bear with me.i am thankful i found this site.very informative.i have been viewing about 2 weeks.most of my concerns have been well adressed.1question.it seems the farm system has been greatly improved,mostly before wk. what do you'all think of the change in reds milb administration. thanks for allowing me the opportunity to enjoy this wealth of info. lyle.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Not to attack you personally, but this post made me want the start the official "Erik Bedard's name is Erik, not Eric" thread ...
    Um, o.k.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

ccmcnutt

Hi,

I'm a new member who lives in on the Central Coast of California. Despite living about 2,000 miles from Cincinnati, I was immediately drawn to the Reds when I started to follow baseball in 1970 as a 9-year-old. I was watching the All-Star game, and after I saw Pete Rose crash into Ray Fosse and score the winning run, I had my first favorite player. I grew up near Angel Stadium, and when I was about 11, the Angels acquired Vada Pinson and I had a new favorite player. Thirty-five years later, I still root for the Reds. I have a collection of old Reds cards, photos and players that dates back to 1911. My prizes are a '38 Johnny Vandermeer Mitchell & Ness jersey (try to find one!) and a Frank Robinson rookie from 1957. I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to my team, so I'm convinced this could be the Reds' year ...

What's the name of that baseball card shop in Carmel that's run by Hal Trosky's nephew? I think it has Hal's name used in there somewhere. Neat shop.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?