Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 931 to 944 of 944

Thread: Introductions Thread

  1. #931
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    24

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Growing up I had to endure the 2000s just like every other Reds fan. My favorite Player was Ken Griffey Junior until the king of walks, Joey Votto. Many of the papers I wrote in middle school and high school were about either Pete Rose or Ken Griffey Junior. I am from Savannah Tennessee, but I currently attend the University of Memphis in Memphis, TN. Growing up in Savannah, we didn't get to go the ballpark all the time, but we always attended at least once sometimes twice in a year. I still have my ticket from my first game, which happened to be the first game at GABP on opening day 2003. I have my ticket of the first postseason game played in GABP from 2010, and I still have my Home Run Derby and All Star Game ticket from 2015. I have viewed redzone several times, and I am now posting, now that I believe that I am old enough. I look forward to the future for this team, for I see the light at the end of a tunnel.

    I really can't seem to figure out how to "edit" my "signature" under my posts. I can't seem to find it in "My Profile"

  2. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (11-16-2017),cumberlandreds (11-20-2017),Newport Red (11-18-2017),Revering4Blue (11-16-2017),Roy Tucker (11-25-2017),WrongVerb (11-16-2017)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #932
    Moderator cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    13,362

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdrich View Post
    Growing up I had to endure the 2000s just like every other Reds fan. My favorite Player was Ken Griffey Junior until the king of walks, Joey Votto. Many of the papers I wrote in middle school and high school were about either Pete Rose or Ken Griffey Junior. I am from Savannah Tennessee, but I currently attend the University of Memphis in Memphis, TN. Growing up in Savannah, we didn't get to go the ballpark all the time, but we always attended at least once sometimes twice in a year. I still have my ticket from my first game, which happened to be the first game at GABP on opening day 2003. I have my ticket of the first postseason game played in GABP from 2010, and I still have my Home Run Derby and All Star Game ticket from 2015. I have viewed redzone several times, and I am now posting, now that I believe that I am old enough. I look forward to the future for this team, for I see the light at the end of a tunnel.

    I really can't seem to figure out how to "edit" my "signature" under my posts. I can't seem to find it in "My Profile"
    Welcome aboard! Just go to the settings link that is right next to the My Profile. Click on that and the signature link is on the left. You should be able to change it then.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  5. #933
    Pitching & Defense Deacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    0

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Hello all. Reds fan from Tampa checking in. First Reds game was in 1976 on Johnny Bench Bat Day against the Cubs in Riverfront. Last one was this past season here in Tampa against the Rays. The only common thread in both games was the fact that Reds pitching was a near non-entity in both games. The Big Red Machine survived The Santo Alcala Experience and I believe beat the Cubs. I can't say the same thing about the Rays game I attended.

    I've gained more appreciation for Reds teams I never had the chance to see. I'm a big admirer of the McKechnie era and I've managed to turn my cubicle at work into a tribute to those years in particular.

    Looking forward to the season and hope the pitching will develop enough to see real progress made this year.
    If youíre angry, you canít think, and if you canít think, you canít pitch for me.

  6. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (02-10-2018),cumberlandreds (02-12-2018),Raisor (02-12-2018),RedsfaninMT (02-10-2018),Revering4Blue (02-09-2018),Roy Tucker (02-15-2018)

  7. #934
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    On Assignment
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Your username made me listen to some Stealy Dan. So thanks and welcome.

  8. #935
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,587

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Your username made me listen to some Stealy Dan. So thanks and welcome.
    Is that a Steely Dan cover band?

  9. #936
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    52

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Hello.

    I have lurked around for months.

    If you frequented the eastgate mall in 1999 to 2004, there is a good chance i sold you some pizza

  10. #937
    Member Zad Fnark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neenah WI
    Posts
    0

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Hi Guys (gals?),

    Brewer fan here, though I do like the Reds, too.

    I dropped in, as it's interesting to get perspectives from other fan bases.

    I can't hate on the Bucs or Reds. Cards and Cubs are another thing...

    Ed

  11. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (01-16-2019),cumberlandreds (01-15-2019),Plus Plus (01-14-2019),RedEye (01-16-2019),Revering4Blue (01-14-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (01-14-2019),WrongVerb (01-14-2019)

  12. #938
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    13,268

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zad Fnark View Post
    Hi Guys (gals?),

    Brewer fan here, though I do like the Reds, too.

    I dropped in, as it's interesting to get perspectives from other fan bases.

    I can't hate on the Bucs or Reds. Cards and Cubs are another thing...

    Ed
    Welcome Ed!
    "Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. " -- Carl Sagan

  13. #939
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    60,367

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Nice to see a Brewer fan on board
    Go Gators!

  14. #940
    Member Zad Fnark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neenah WI
    Posts
    0

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Thanks, guys.

  15. #941
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    19,373

    Re: Introductions Thread

    Brewer fans are welcome. More diverse thoughts exchanged the better.

  16. #942
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,405

    Re: Introductions Thread

    My birthday so will just check in to say I am still around but hard to post on smart phone no computer

  17. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (01-28-2019),Revering4Blue (01-30-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (02-02-2019),Sea Ray (01-28-2019),WrongVerb (01-27-2019)

  18. #943
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: Introductions Thread

    So I recently fully committed to being a reds fan. I've been playing fantasy baseball and "followed" the red sox for a while (mostly because on my dislike for the Yankees), but I'm from the area and decided I should follow the local team. I got reds gear for Christmas, and I'm glad they are putting that revenue to good use. Can't wait to get out to a few games this year.

  19. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (01-30-2019),cumberlandreds (01-30-2019),Plus Plus (01-31-2019),Revering4Blue (01-30-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (02-02-2019),WrongVerb (01-30-2019)

  20. #944
    Dual Wielder Kirito-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    264

    Re: Introductions Thread

    sorry I posted this as my own thread instead of in here like I was suposed to ��

    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! *V-signs and winks at u*
    *blushes nervously*
    I- *stammers*

    I-Im new here and just wanted to say hi to everyone!!! Here are some facts about me:

    * I LOVE anime- especially Sword Art Online!! uwu
    * I LOVE baseball- especially Yasiel Puig!!! I used to live in LA before moving out here to Cinci for work RIGHT before Puig!!!! Imagine how excited I was. Hehe
    * I LOVE meeting people and talking baseball. Puig is my favorite player if you couldn't guess. <3

    Anyway that's all I wanted to say xD thanks for having me!!

  21. Likes:

    mth123 (01-30-2019),Revering4Blue (01-30-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (02-02-2019),WrongVerb (01-30-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator