Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

RedsFan4Life

Re: Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by this1belongs2
    This is my first post. I sure hope this board fares better than the mlb one.
    ditto to that...but my problems lie with the Cincinnati.com message board. Simply too much name calling and backbiting.

I just want to talk baseball and not have players (and posters) bashed all day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wordman306

I just want to talk baseball and not have players (and posters) bashed all day.
    We just bash announcers and other teams players
    Go Gators!

New Member...

hey, just wanted to say hello, i'm a long time reader, and first time poster of the board! I'm looking forward to talking reds baseball with everyone!

Re: Introductions Thread

Hello, I just joined this place and I am a 4th+ generation reds fan (not too sure about my great-great grandfather). And i believe that this could be the year to turn this team around now that we have arroyo! All we need is a few more good pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
    2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum?
    3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
    4. How old are you?
    5. Where are you from?
    6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
    7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
    8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
    9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
    10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
    11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
    12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
    13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?
    14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?
    15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?

I'm sorry I've been posting and wasn't aware of the special requirements. My apologies, well here goes...

1. Yes since late 70's
    2. The Reds had style and were successful plus they were on TV a lot. Also a fan of Red Sox and Royals (sigh)
    3. From TRF (champion of the oppressed and molester of nurses)
    4. 37 unless you're a young female then I'm 28
    5. Oklahoma (insert joke here)
    6. I am a Reds fan but I drink and take drugs because I am a Royals fan.
    7. Nyet
    8. Aren't they with TNA wrestling?
    9. When I was younger I was a roadie with Gallagher. It wasn't hard finding watermelons but God help you if there wasn't chamomile tea ready for him after the show. I was fired when I suggested adding actual jokes to his act.
    10. Wipe?
    11. No but TRF's testicles I would cut off in a heartbeat if it meant a championship.
    12. YES YES YES
    13. Who else but Ryan Freel? If you have to ask why, you are not a Reds fan.
    14. I would like to think class and dignity. But more likely irreverence and general snottiness
    15. He's never off the DL long enough for me to find out.
    Last edited by Handofdeath; 04-19-2006 at 09:57 PM.

Re: New Member...

is there a reason it isn't letting me post on the main reds forum?

just wondering, thank you

WhoDeyian

Re: New Member...

The Old Red Guard forum is something you have to earn your way into. You should be able to post on the Reds Live forum though.

You earn your way there by gaining reputation points. Once you reach 200 you will have access to posting in ORG.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hello everyone. I am a Mississippi guy who has been a Reds fan since 1968. (I was a five-year-old catcher at the time and Johnny Bench was rookie of the year, if you recall.) I spent one year in Ohio at OSU getting my M.S., so have been to Riverfront a couple of times (wins over the Pirates and Cardinals). I have also seen the Reds play in Atlanta (win over the Braves) and am undefeated in watching the BRM play.

My family is a Reds family, especially my 13-year-old son, who believes Griffey, Jr. is the best player ever. Last night, he had a league game and couldn't wait to get that Cardinals jersey off once we arrived home to catch the last few innings of the game against the Marlins.

I am a professor at Mississippi State University, home of good NCAA baseball, and look forward to talking and sharing with you in the Reds Zone. I can't wait to get to GABP soon to see the Reds.

Go REDS and go MSU Dawgs!

Mississippi Red

I am a professor at Mississippi State University, home of good NCAA baseball
    Welcome... your first assignment is to dig up any legends on Reds 2nd Sacker Hughie Critz.

Critz was born in Starkville, Mississippi and attended school in his home state, at Mississippi State University. His father, Professor Colonel Critz, was a respected instructor at the school.

hey, i'm sure you all have heard my grandfather george grande announce the games for fox sports, which is actually the reason i created an account, and i will explain that when i get in the reds live forum!

I just now saw this thread and realized this intro thread was here - so here goes. My son (xpetey07) first told me about Redszone and told me it generally had the best scoops on the Reds. After I joined the board, I found out I know one of the moderators, paintmered. Since he's a topnotch person, I knew the board was a good place.

I'm a 51 year old native of Cincinnati, grew up in Deer Park and Madeira, a Moeller grad (along with a gazillion MLB players, which is ironic since it was such a huge football school). Married 25 years this October with 3 kids (2 D's, 1 B) all of whom are baseball fans. My wife grew up a baseball fan too, so they come by it naturally.

I was six when the Reds won the National League pennant in 1961, so I always believed they were a good team. My maternal Grandma cried the day they traded Frank Robinson (who wouldn't?). She had a parakeet named Purkey for heaven's sake. At St. John's in Deer Park, many black Reds players who lived in Silverton and Kennedy Heights would come up to the church gym and play basketball during the winter (I never saw them, my friends always told me their dad's played them). I met Gordy Coleman at a father-son night when I was about 10, got an autographed ball from him, don't know where it went). Made it back to my first Opening Day since the new park opened thanks to a RedZoner here after going for about 17 straight years (Thanks!)

I've been in business for myself as a transportation consultant since 1979 (when i was all of 24, sheesh, what did I know) - you can see a link to my business website in my about info. We now live in Winton Place in the heart of the city, so with good traffic, we're just about 10 minutes from downtown. Nice.

It's a fun place to catch up on the Reds, a bit addictive, and I'll have to watch my time here -must work for a living.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiRed

I am a professor at Mississippi State University, home of good NCAA baseball, and look forward to talking and sharing with you in the Reds Zone. I can't wait to get to GABP soon to see the Reds.
    Welcome to RZ!

Unfortunately, you're a couple hours north of the true home of great NCAA baseball

Roll Wave!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Welcome... your first assignment is to dig up any legends on Reds 2nd Sacker Hughie Critz.
    When I was an undergraduate at MSU, I dated some girls who lived in Critz Hall, named after Hughie's dad. That was in the early 80's, and the old dorm is still here, but probably not for long. I don't know any more about Hughie, but will check it out in the archives the next time I am in the library.

Welcome
    Go Gators!

RisingReds

1. Are you a Reds Fan? Yes
    2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? I've always been a reds fan, mandatory in this house!
    3. How did you learn about RedsZone? looking for reds message boards
    4. How old are you? 19
    5. Where are you from? Ohio
    6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
    haha, good question
    7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? No
    8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are? No
    9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher? No
    10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
    11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? hmm...
    12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? Yes!
    13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?
    14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?
    grammar, i can spell add... lol j/k
    15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater? Yes!

Turn Off Ads?