Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

WAGS

Re: As a new poster here...I'd like to introduce myself...

welcome to the forums

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hello and welcome!

And yes, both boards are very active (even in the offseason) so pull up a chair and stay a while. Best Reds website on the net!

"The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Welcome Good Sir.

Sit back, Enjoy the show.

And sometimes, this forum is the most active

Welcom aboard. So that you are not alarmed when you read most of the messages here. The sky is falling and the reds organization, namely Narron and Krivsky don't know how to run a MLB franchise. Womack and Hatteberg are not good enough to start on 3/4 of the AAA baseball teams. Freel is the best player ever. Thats all I can think of at the moment, but I'll get back to you if I think of any more.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker
    Welcom aboard. So that you are not alarmed when you read most of the messages here. The sky is falling and the reds organization, namely Narron and Krivsky don't know how to run a MLB franchise. Womack and Hatteberg are not good enough to start on 3/4 of the AAA baseball teams. Freel is the best player ever. Thats all I can think of at the moment, but I'll get back to you if I think of any more.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker
    Mocker
    Go Gators!

glorydays76

Re: Introductions Thread

Hi gang,

New member here. I been reading redsZone for quite awhile and thought I'd like to put my 2 cents worth in every now and then.

Hi guys! AND gals!
    I am new to the board and new to Cincinnati. Well, soon to be new to Cincinnati. Poking around here for the last day or so, I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some info that I was unable to get by way of a google or word of mouth.
    Growing up in the southern states, there is only one thing (well, besides THE BIG RED MACHINE!) that I knew about Cincinnati and that was SKYLINE CHILI!
    I mail ordered some once that came in a can and well let's just say that I am quite positive that is not the chili everyone raves about!
    So first ques. --- PF Changs? I got a hit on one in West Chester - is that a suburb of Cincinnati? The food is generally good and the same every where you go. Any other suggestions? Tips?
    Thanks in advance - I am just a baseball fan in general and I look forward to a learning about the Reds and talking some good baseball around here.

So first ques. --- PF Changs? I got a hit on one in West Chester - is that a suburb of Cincinnati? The food is generally good and the same every where you go. Any other suggestions? Tips?
    West Chester is probably now considered a suburb of Cincinnati - but it is actually a city on its own (and fast growing). There is also a PF Changs in Norwood at the Rookwood Commons. That's a shopping center off of I-71 in Cincinnati - you can see the restaurant from the highway.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Thanks a lot Kitty!
    Pretty big shopping center I would imagine? I am a female as well, I have to ask the pertinent ques. - sorry guys!
    So Sidney, will you be the one to talk me off a ledge come July?

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    Thanks a lot Kitty!
    Pretty big shopping center I would imagine? I am a female as well, I have to ask the pertinent ques. - sorry guys!
    So Sidney, will you be the one to talk me off a ledge come July?
    Actually, it like a "main street" shopping center... it's not a mall, but a collection of stores and restaurants. Here's the website...

http://www.shoprookwood.com/

In West Chester, there is the Streets of West Chester right off of I-75. And there is the Deerfield Towne Center off of I-71 - their website is:

http://www.shopdeerfieldtownecenter.com/

Better yet... here is the website of the CincyUSA listing all the shopping centers/malls in the area:

http://www.cincinnatiusa.com/Attract...sp?AttCatID=12

Awesome! Thank you SO much - give you a holler when we blow into town

Hi. I'm a big baseball fan and do some semi-serious analytical work in my spare time. I'm a member over on the Red Sox site, Sons of Sam Horn, and am covering several teams for one of our forums, including the Reds and Pirates in the N.L. So mainly I lurk here, if you don't mind, but could add some general analysis here, again,if you folks don't mind.

One thing I do have, which I'll post over on the main board when I get permissions for that, is an in-depth analysis of Bronson Arroyo with some insights you won't find anywhere else. I've got to say that I am one of the few people in New England who really hated the WMP deal, which may get me excommunicated

Anyway, you folks have a great site over here, and lots of good insight on the Reds and baseball in general.

Welcome!

And, you don't need an invitation to post on Reds Live. Go for it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?