Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

New on board forum, lifer on the big red machine. Lookin' okay so far this season!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Makes all the routine posts.

Greetings to all!! I am a life long Reds fan born and raised in Dayton, OH. Unfortunatly, my career (not to mention wife and kids) has me living in Tupelo, Ms as of right now. I am glad to be here and enjoy meeting you all.........oh and am actually seeing hope for the future with the Reds, and am excited to watch it develop.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Anybody with the moniker of John Lee Bench is okay in my book. Welcome to the Zone.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

joebagnell

hey yall.

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Mike&Darcy

Hello all from Central Ohio! We live about 30 minutes from Columbus and make it to as many Reds games as possible. When we're not in Cincy, Mike is tattooing and I'm taking care of our three rugrats.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

hi... new here...... been to some dragons games and long time red fan.

Greetings
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I joined RedsZone about a year and a half ago but just managed to make my first post yesterday...I just couldn't resist posting the Baseball Tonight funny that I had. Anyway, I thought I'd post a little intro, try to become more active, and see if I can contribute a little to the forum...and maybe, just maybe, some day I might get enough rep points to eat at the big table.

I am a child of the Big Red Machine as I'm sure a lot of you are. My formative years were spent listening to Marty & Joe (and Al Michaels before Marty) each summer night as I drifted off to sleep to dream of becoming the next Davey Concepcion (that never panned out, btw ). We'd usually go to three or four games a year back then; either through my sister's straight-A tickets or those rare but glorious Fridays when my Dad would come home from work with 4 blue boxes for a game that weekend. It cemented my love of the game and my love of the Reds, even though they've both taken their lumps over the years.

I spent my baseball time in the 80's generally being young and stupid; getting to Riverfront as often as I could for top-6 seats, lukewarm Hudepohl, and dollar dogs (thanks Marge!). Our favorite activity was, of course, trying to get past the ushers at the top of the ramps to the blue seats. Good times.

My girlfriend (now wife) and I were able to get in on a group with season tickets in the early 90's and we've had them ever since. There is still nothing better than a day (or night) at the yard. I take my Dad down to a few games every year in a futile attempt to try to re-pay him for the passion he instilled in me as a lad. I'm also in the process of trying to get my little girls, aged 7 and 5, interested in the game...wish me luck there. They love going to games but mostly because it's giant never-ending stream of popcorn and hot dogs and ice cream and pretzels and soda and Cracker Jack and......you get the idea.

It's good to be on board. Here's to the dawn of the Castellini Era. Let's Go Reds!

Hi all,

My first Reds game was at Crosley Field a short time after we moved from New Jersey to Hamilton, Ohio, when I was in second grade. We moved a little closer to Cincinnati a few months later, and lived in Forest Park. Becoming a Reds fan was one of the best things about the move.

Like BuckWoody posting above me, I was a Big Reds Machine child. We didn't make it to a lot of games, but we didn't miss many on television or radio either. We moved back to New Jersey about six years later, and it was tough being a Reds fan surrounded by Mets and Yankees and Phillies fans.

I'm now in Delaware, which isn't big enough to have a major leage team of its own. That's OK though. This board does a great job of letting me keep up to date with the team. I've been lurking here for a fair while, and the last couple of game threads have finally inspired me to make my first post. Thanks to all involved in making those interesting and entertaining, and to the other posters who do a wonderful job of sharing news, and thoughts and analysis of the team and baseball.

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Thanks, KronoRed.

Welcome To Reds Country Everybody.

The Best Reds Fan Forum In All The Land.

Turn Off Ads?