Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Welcome Rude
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

hey I figured old Golden Hands Castro needed a supporter on this site since even people like aurilla have them so I am posting ont his board after lurking for a while and will stay a Reds fan throughout the bad bulpen woes

Quote Originally Posted by rude
    Hello. I'm rude. No really. I'm rude. It's my REAL name. Well, real last name.

Anyhoo, growing up my fondest Reds memories are sitting on the back porch with my Grandfather, eating ice cream and listening to Marty and Joe.

I was fortunate enough to enjoy many a game during the BRM era. I was there the night that Tony Perez became the all-time Reds leader in RBI's (since broken by Bench) and got his autograph after the game. I was there the night Johnny Bench hit his only pinch-hit home run. I remember being at a game where Pete Rose led off with a home run to left.

Other Reds memories: My Mom almost having a fingernail completely ripped off trying to snag a foul ball, getting written-up by an R.A. for making too much noise in college while I was listening to Ron Robinson almost pitch a no-hitter. Watching the Reds sweep the A's with my late Step-Father. Tearing up when Bench hit his home run on Johnny Bench night and raising his index finger to the crowd as he rounded the bases. Watching Sparky Anderson "talking" to the umps with his hands in his backpockets. Being nicknamed "Charlie Hustle" by the guys on my softball team because I play just like Pete did. Always wearing #5 when I play any sport (yes, I once gave a guy a case of beer just so I could have the number ala Mitch Williams and John Kruk).

I live down here in New Orleans (we're fine...very little damage to our property...we were fortunate) and listen to the games on XM Satellite Radio or watch them on MLB Gameplan.

Glad to be aboard.
    Glad you are here rude. (rude and I communicate via an XM website on occasion)

Where's gilpdawg?
    Last edited by goreds2; 07-07-2006 at 08:38 PM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by redsin2006
    I went to my first reds game in 1965. I was 7 and I remember I had a popcorn box (that doubled as a megaphone) and I had it signed by a few of the reds. My dad said if we stood near the clubhouse I could get an autograph. I got Rose, Pinson, and a few others.

What really stands out in my mind was the trip to the game. We lived in Milford and the ballpark was on the west end so the trip took about 40 minutes (or long enough to want to pee) and my dad stopped the 57 chevywagon on I-75, opened both doors on the passenger side and said "GO", and I did. We parked by Union Terminal.
    Welcome. I remember those popcorn boxes that doubled as a megaphone (after you ate the popcorn ). I went to my first Reds game in 1965, too, only I was a 10 year old Cardinal fan then; I took a photo of Steve Carlton posing beside the dugout prior to the game. We also were at Union Terminal, because we rode the train from Huntington, WV to Cincinnati.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Welcome Rude. We've had some rude posters here before, but you are the first official Rude poster we've had.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Hey guys, first post here, but I've been lurking a long time... love reading everyone's insightful posts.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Ron Freeland

Hi im obviously new, i dont remember all the questions im suppose to answer so i will give one answer that covers all. Ive been a reds fan all my life and i think i could give the team a few innings of relief and they wouldnt lose a beat! GO REDS

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rude
    I live down here in New Orleans (we're fine...very little damage to our property...we were fortunate) and listen to the games on XM Satellite Radio or watch them on MLB Gameplan.
    Tulane University, class of 2003. I loved living down in New Orleans, but I wish XM had been carrying the baseball games when I lived down there -- it would've made life so much easier!

Welcome Aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT IN CHAR NC
    Hello, Redszone. My name is Matt, and my Daddy has been a member here at Redszone for a long time. I have been bugging him to let me be a member. I love to play baseball and I play first base and bat fourth for my Little League All Star team. I love the Reds and like to read all about them here at Redszone. I watch them every time they are on TV with my dad when I am not playing games of my own.
    I'm instantly cool with anyone named Matt. Best name ever, if you ask me.

Welcome to you well! (My father is an RZ member too, but he just lurks.)
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Hands
    hey I figured old Golden Hands Castro needed a supporter on this site since even people like aurilla have them so I am posting ont his board after lurking for a while and will stay a Reds fan throughout the bad bulpen woes
    Can't wait to hear the comments on that handle.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Hands
    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Can't wait to hear the comments on that handle.
    It's a good thing you clarified...I thought maybe you were a Moises Alou fan.

Welcome!

Space available for rent

Re: Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
    2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum?
    3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
    4. How old are you?
    5. Where are you from?
    6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
    7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
    8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
    9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
    10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
    11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
    12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
    13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?
    14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?
    15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?
    I wanted to start a new thread introducing myself and "do it up right!", but this will do. I'm a medical salesman, living in Lexington. I've been married 2 1/2 years now (I'll post the pictures later), have two dogs (pictures to come later), love to play golf, and I'm enjoying seeing the Reds organization move in the right direction. My gut is telling me that this is not the year we make a splash, but it is coming soon. One more thing, I'm a Wildcat at heart. UK Basketball is my other sports passion. I'm sure some of you are the same, some may root for the Bearcats, others Dayton or Xavier, and others from all over the country. I look forward to posting here and can't wait to see our beloved Redlegs take home a pennant in the near future. The future of Cincinnati sports looks bright!

Now, on to the questions:

1. Yes
    2. Marty and Joe. Listening to them calling summer ballgames while sitting on the back porch with my great grandpa. Like Cawood Ledford at UK, Marty is truly the best, and we didn't need TV at grandpa's. I have very fond memories of these times. Me and Grandpa on the back patio, sometimes listening to the rain hitting the aluminum awning, sipping grandma's lemonade with mint in it, eating a hot dog, swinging a bat or acting like i was pitching, imitating the radio. I could go on...
    3. Can't recall. I've known about it, but never joined.
    4. 25
    5. Have lived in Lexington for about six years now. Originally from Northern Kentucky (Ludlow, Cold Spring, and Alexandria)
    6. No drugs. I like have a beer at dinner out or golfing.
    7. No.
    8. No.
    9. No.
    10. Both
    11. No. It'll happen. Our WS is more recent than anyone in the Central Division, so, we're good.
    12. A resounding YES!
    13. Austin Kearns. I played against him in high school (I even struck him out twice in one game, and have the box score to prove it). Just to talk about baseball, his trek up through the system, Lexington, high school ball, etc.
    14. Who knows? My take on things.
    15. No.

jsud03

New here

Had to leave the espn.com board and make my way over here...Go Reds!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Saliente!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?