Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

CincySportsFan1

Re: Introductions Thread

Hello everyone, I'm 19 and from Southern Indiana. I'm a big Reds fan and I try to make it to as many Reds games as possible. I hope to soon move closer to Cincy to be able to possibly get season tickets. My favorite Red is probably Dunn, but I like them all. I'm also a Bengals fan, Blue Jackets fan, and Pacers fan.

I hope to get to know a lot of you on here and the site looks really nice.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Welcome to RedsZone.

Racing Cheetahs

Figured it's time to quit lurking...

and post every once in a while

Re: Figured it's time to quit lurking...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bates
    and post every once in a while
    Iron Works or the Salt Lick?

Ginger pancakes at the Magnolia or Huevos?

Long time, first time...Reds fanatic down in Central Florida, so the internet, direct TV and my computer are lifesavers...a heck of a year to get the extra innings package for the first time...what I would give to still be leading the WC on Labor Day!!!!...

**Subz3r0**

Hey guys,

I decided to join this forum since the mlb.com message board sucks. Hope to chat it up for the rest of the season and GO REDS!!!!!

BurnYrHouseDown

I just thought I'd come here from the official MLB board which seemed to be ovverrun with trolls and angsty, angsty people (which was fine the last few seasons, but this year? c'mon!). Someone over there mentioned that this board was pretty positive so here I am!

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Hello my handle(so to speak)is fewfirstchoice.I have been a Reds and Bengals fan since birth and love posting about my beloved teams.My first name is Gene and I am married for 5 years now and have a 3yr old boy.I live in eastern Kentucky.I tried posting on other boards but I wasnt permitted to do so.I found this board that allowed me to post so I figured I would introduce myself here and hopefully the right person will open my membership up a little more so I can post on the other boards.So there it is guys and gals its me in a nutshell thanks talk to you later.

Thanks for moving my post,I never seen this thread before or I would have posted it here first of all thanks.

Another newbie here. I'm anxious to look around and see some intelligent baseball chat.

Long time reader.... you know the rest. Anyway, just wanted to say howdy. I'm orginally from cincy, but I'm now living in Columbus for school.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Wrong thread.

Carry on.

ANTHRAX

I'm Anthrax

nafsder

Hello,

I'm a 17 year old Reds fan from Indianapolis. Since I am in the heart of basketball country, I grew up in a basketball family surrounded by basketball friends. But as much as I love the Hoosiers, basketball just wasn't the sport for me. In 1995, I was given my first pack of baseball cards as a gift. They were a pack of 1994 Topps Gold. I knew nothing about baseball at the time, so I asked my dad, a part-time Cubs fan because of of Chicago roots, if I had pulled any notable cards out of the pack. He recognized just one player: Barry Larkin (keep in mind, this was fall of 1995. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't have recognized anybody because the next biggest name in the pack was Travis Fryman.) Because the only baseball player I knew was Barry Larkin, and also because the Indianapolis Indians were the AAA affiliate of the Reds at the time, I started following Cincinnati.

It grew from a casual hobby to an obsession. By the time I was 9, I could name every player on the Reds active roster. I started collecting baseball cards and of my collection of about 15,000, about 1/5 of them are Cincinnati Reds players and about half of those Reds cards are Barry Larkin cards. My elementary school teachers all knew me as the Reds fan. I would somehow involve the Reds into every school paper that I had to write.

In 1999, I made it to my first Reds game. My dad and I drove down to Cinergy Field to see the Reds take on the Cardinals late in the season. I don't remember much from the game, but I do remember Greg Vaughn hitting a pretty impressive homerun off of the hitters background they had out in center field.

I started going to one or two games a year. I skipped school in eighth grade to be at opening day at GABP. I also started trying to get my parents to plan our family vacations around the Reds schedule (it has worked...sort of. I've seen them play in Milwaukee, Chicago, and Florida )

By now, the obsession has cooled down slightly. I've stopped collecting baseball cards and I no longer try to memorize statistics or useless tidbits of information about the Reds, but I do still try to catch the game every time they're on TV and I still skip school occasionally to go down to games (mainly in May).

I found this website quite a while ago, and I joined about a year ago, but I believe that this is my first post here. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

New here. Hope to have good dicussions with everyone, on everything about baseball.

Turn Off Ads?