Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

New guy

Grew up in WV a Reds fan. Retired from the Navy about 10 years ago and moved to Cincinnati. We have since moved to the Dayton area.

During my time in the Navy, I was involved in several Cincinnati Reds Special Recruit Companies. We swore in a complete Navy Boot Camp companys on the field of Riverfront. We had the per game banquet at St Peter In Chains. I had the pleasure of meeting Marge and several of the Reds Players.

My 10 year old son it getting ready to attend his first game. My first game was in Crosley so this will bring back a lot of memories.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: New guy

Welcome! Hope your son sees his first win as well.
    Witty signature.

Hello from North Carolina

Hello from NC. I'm happy to be a part of this forum, I've been a diehard Reds fan since I was about 8 or 9 (early 70's). There are a lot of Reds fan down here in NC and while it's about an 8 hour drive I still try to get up to Cincy to see the Reds at least once a summer.

Even though the team is in a time of turmoil right now I have a lot of hope that we are headed in the right direction. Let's face it, I think we all knew a couple of years ago that in order for the Reds to become competitive again we would have to have a new owner, a new GM, a different manager, and some different players. We have seen a lot of those things come to pass and we will probably see more changes this summer as the trade deadline nears. I think a lot of people, myself included, got a false sense of hope after being competitive last year. It's hard not to when it's been so long since we made the playoffs. Hopefully good things are just around the bend...........

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Jack

Re: Introductions Thread

new girl here. Hi all. I live in KY. I was one of those kids with a transistor radio uder the pillow listening to Marty and Joe in the 70's. No matter how bad the team gets, I will always be a fan.Go Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by bleacherbum View Post
    new girl here. Hi all. I live in KY. I was one of those kids with a transistor radio uder the pillow listening to Marty and Joe in the 70's. No matter how bad the team gets, I will always be a fan.Go Reds!
    Welcome! (nice to see a little more estrogen around here... the little bit I have left doesn't go far...)
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Welcome
    Go Gators!

Welcome all.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Hello all. I am new to the area and the forum. I grew up in Buffalo and have lived in Bloomington, Indiana for the past 8 years. I did not grow up a Reds fan (I followed the Dodgers as a kid), but I have a rule that whenever I move to an area that has a team in a sport in which I have no other historical connection to, I adopt that team. For example, when I moved from Buffalo to Indiana, I adopted the Pacers and am a passionate fan of that train wreck or an organization, so I think the mess that is the 2007 Reds should seem familiar to me. So, here I am. I also figure that if I jump in this year, no one can ever call me a bandwagon fan. I have watched most games since opening day, and have made it to three games so far this season. FWIW, I actually yelled at the TV for the first time in the middle of May, so I figure that this is when I actually started to care. I hope that you all will accept me as a new member of your community.

Welcome aboard Sabers73!

SabosGoggles

Greetings fellow Reds fans,
    Allow me to introduce myself. I am a 20 year old journalism student at The Ohio State University and was born and raised a Reds fan. I still remember my dad going berserk after winning the Series in 1990, and sadly, I have not had many more positive Reds memories. Nevertheless, I still fondly remember following the likes of Barry Larkin (my all-time favorite Red), Jose Rijo, Ron Gant, Deion Sanders, and of course, the immortal Chris Sabo. I may be younger than a lot of Reds fans here, so I look forward to hearing more experienced Reds fans views and hope to shed some mid-90s Reds fandom here as well. I look forward to posting here often.

Hello
    I'm a "new" Reds fan. I live in Oklahoma, I work with someone who went to school with Johnny Bench, so I'm not completely stupid about Reds baseball. I do live very close to where Johnny is from. One of my family members just signed with the Reds, GCL in Florida, so that is the reason I'm a new Reds fan. So I hope everyone is nice if his name comes up. Ha! Anyway glad to be here, (I won't tell you who I normally root for, but they also use red, just not Cincinnati Red! I'm excited about joining. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by SabosGoggles View Post
    Greetings fellow Reds fans,
    Allow me to introduce myself. I am a 20 year old journalism student at The Ohio State University and was born and raised a Reds fan. I still remember my dad going berserk after winning the Series in 1990, and sadly, I have not had many more positive Reds memories. Nevertheless, I still fondly remember following the likes of Barry Larkin (my all-time favorite Red), Jose Rijo, Ron Gant, Deion Sanders, and of course, the immortal Chris Sabo. I may be younger than a lot of Reds fans here, so I look forward to hearing more experienced Reds fans views and hope to shed some mid-90s Reds fandom here as well. I look forward to posting here often.
    Im very similar in my reds memories and fandom, ive got about 4 years on you in age so I probably have slightly more clear memories from 1990. Anyway, hopefully we can find some positives in this year and not make it another year without anything i'll remember in 10 years. Hope to begin posting on here pretty regularly and get some good debates going.

Welcome to our latest editions.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

splitterpfj

Greetings from Wisconsin. I'm a lifelong Brewers fan, I just stopped in to say hello. You guys have 25 games left with the Brewers and Cubs...wow, how'd that happen?

I saw that you had an article I wrote about Barry Larkin posted on this site a while back, thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.

Turn Off Ads?