Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ccmcnutt View Post
    Hi,

I'm a new member who lives in on the Central Coast of California. Despite living about 2,000 miles from Cincinnati, I was immediately drawn to the Reds when I started to follow baseball in 1970 as a 9-year-old. I was watching the All-Star game, and after I saw Pete Rose crash into Ray Fosse and score the winning run, I had my first favorite player. I grew up near Angel Stadium, and when I was about 11, the Angels acquired Vada Pinson and I had a new favorite player. Thirty-five years later, I still root for the Reds. I have a collection of old Reds cards, photos and players that dates back to 1911. My prizes are a '38 Johnny Vandermeer Mitchell & Ness jersey (try to find one!) and a Frank Robinson rookie from 1957. I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to my team, so I'm convinced this could be the Reds' year ...
    Monterey, great place, great weather, awesome place, ice plants, seals and otters what's not to like?

I'd love to see that jersey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    What's the name of that baseball card shop in Carmel that's run by Hal Trosky's nephew? I think it has Hal's name used in there somewhere. Neat shop.

Rem
    Hal's son was my mom's hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    In Cincinnati or elsewhere?

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    In Cincinnati or elsewhere?

Rem
    Carmel

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me all of the obscure references and connections you have with baseball.

Rem

ccmcnutt

Thanks for the replies ... the baseball card shop unfortunately closed just two weeks ago. Nathan Trosky, one of Hal's grandkids, ran a baseball school out of the shop, which even had a batting cage. Nathan's dad cuts hair next door. I play in a softball league nearby in Big Sur, and three Troskys play in it. Nathan, by the way, is also a country-rock singer-songwriter who wrote a tune about Jackie Robinson that was played in many major league parks (along with a video) during last season's 60th anniversary celebration of Robinson breaking the color barrier ...

Thanks for the update. I was there last May and I remember the batting cage. Sorry to hear it closed but it's good to know that if WOY's Mom ever needs her hair done.....

I'm up in Monterey 3-4 times per year.

Rem

Hi everybody, new to the site. I Grew up in Cincinnati but I live in New York now.

Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    Hi everybody, new to the site. I Grew up in Cincinnati but I live in New York now.
    Welcome to Redszone!

Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    We'll try not to hold you living in the Evil Empire against you.

Thanks, i actually have tickets to see the Reds in Yankee this year.

Hey everybody, new to posting on the site, but I have been reading threads for a while now. I am a 20 year old from Zanesville, Ohio and have been to every Opening Day for as long as I can remember.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    Hey everybody, new to posting on the site, but I have been reading threads for a while now. I am a 20 year old from Zanesville, Ohio and have been to every Opening Day for as long as I can remember.
    Howdy. You're not going to have to deal with those Cubs' fans this year huh?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Hello everyone I'm the Weasle I been a huge Reds fan since I"ve been alive. I read this sight since it started but never posted or anything so this is very exciting to me. So I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and wish the Reds well this year.

Turn Off Ads?