Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by littlejoe
    Just came over from the other reds site. Hell...
    I stopped there. I thought you were saying the other site was Hell. Welcome to the Zone!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Are you saying Adam Dunn strikes out too much?

I know better than to suggest that. :
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Hey Joe.

Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Introductions Thread

Hey, I'm new here. I've always have been a huge Reds fan and will continue to be one no matter how badly they play. Just thought I'd post here before posting elsewhere on the site.

Re: Hey All

Introductions Thread

Hi all. As you may have noticed, we've been adding quite a few new members lately and have been using this forum to introduce themselves. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it has cluttered the non-bb forum up a bit. So think of this as some pre-spring cleaning.

So from now until the beginning of the season (the time of the year we receive the most new members), this thread will serve as the place to go "Hi. I'm new to Redszone and want to introduce myself.” And if this is your first time here, I fully encourage you to post here.

So welcome to Redszone. We hope you enjoy your stay. Please have a look around and don't be shy to jump in the discussions. I also encourage you to take a look at our FAQ. It should answer many of the questions you might have. If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. You can do this by scrolling down to the bottom of any RZ page and clicking on one of our names.

Thanks.
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-27-2006 at 07:38 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Re: Introductions Thread

I think there should be a stickied thread for oldbees to say hi, too.

Makes all the routine posts.

WhoDey!

New to the Board...

hey guys, i've read the board for a long time but this is my first post, im a big reds fan, and we finally have something to be excited about, this new ownership is looking like things are headed in the right direction, and thats really exciting! I look forward to talking baseball with you guys, and hopefully sooner rather than later castellini will be right about championship baseball returning to the Nati!

Welcome WhoDey
    Go Gators!

Welcome All New Members.

Seems to me that by the end of the season PRose and DennyRed will be the only fans left over on the Reds site.

Wow! Lots of new members.

I hope you all grow to love this place as much as the rest of us do. Some days it will try your patience, some days it will make you smile.... but we all survive.

Welcome everyone!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Re: Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
    2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum?
    3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
    4. How old are you?
    5. Where are you from?
    6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
    7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
    8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
    9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
    10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
    11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
    12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
    13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?
    14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?
    15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?

Should we make new posters submit their resumes? They better have a cover letter.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

Oh, great, woy- I clicked on that. Now the president is gonna spy on me!

I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Hey everybody!

Hi all,

New here, so I'll do the intro thing. I'm a lifelong Reds fan, though I must admit I get more into football than baseball. So, this is the time of year when, alas, my Bears season is over, and the next one far away. But the good news is that it's almost time for spring training!

Anyway, I do most of my message boarding from work, so I won't post a whole lot, mostly here to read the news and opinions.

Like seemingly everyone else, I am pretty excited about the new ownership. I don't figure they will turn things around overnight, but it certainly sounds like they're at least going to try, which will be a welcome improvement in my book.

From the little I've read, it seems like you have a great community here, and while I won't talk much, I look forward to hanging out and listening to you guys.

bnancs

Welcome bnancs
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?