Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WVJulz

I guess it's time to break out of lurk mode and say hello!!! My name is Julie and I live in Parkersburg, WV and I'm a lifetime Reds fan. (Only a true fan would admit that!!) Just wanted to say hi!!!

Julz
    I'm originally from Parkersburg too. Welcome aboard!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh, and don't forget to beg for rep points. That will quickly endear you to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    I'm originally from Parkersburg too. Welcome aboard!
    Welcome aboard, i'm living there now.

Its amazing to see this place grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Hey did any of your Parkersburg WV people know an Andrea Williams? She's from Parkersburg (early 30's probably) and I teach with her, so I was just curious. She's a great gal! Just had her first child actually!

Sorry, needed to edit to add this (DUH!)!!! Her maiden name was Adams. Andrea Adams.

---RedRoser

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser
    Hey did any of your Parkersburg WV people know an Andrea Williams? She's from Parkersburg (early 30's probably) and I teach with her, so I was just curious. She's a great gal! Just had her first child actually!

Sorry, needed to edit to add this (DUH!)!!! Her maiden name was Adams. Andrea Adams.

---RedRoser
    Where did she go to high school? Parkersburg High or Parkersburg South? If she's in her early 30s, she's younger than me but I may know of her family.

Julz

Quote Originally Posted by RedRoser

---RedRoser
    I moved here three years ago, so I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Well then, do you know Steve Swisher? How 'bout Nick?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Drafted Rebel

New to the board

I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself here. At 32 years old I was in high school when the Reds last won the Series and have been a fair weather fan at best. I try to make it to 2-5 games per year but by mid season the Reds are out of it and my mind is on golf. I'm going to give the Reds a shot here, new management, new owner lets see what the next 5 years bring.

I have an idea, Every year I go to Sarasota and watch a game or two. We should try to get a weekend where a large crowd of fans road trip to see a game or two. Should be the kind of weekend guys like… Reds in the morning, golf in the afternoon and the racetrack at night. (maybe we'll see Pete at the track) JK Let me know who's interested and we can work out some ideas.

Drafted Rebel

New to the board

I just wanted to introduce myself here. At 32 years old, I was in high school the last time the Reds won the Series. Since then I have been a fair weather fan at best. I try to make it to 2 - 5 games per year but by mid season, they are out of and I an concentrating on golf. I am going to give the Reds another shot. New ownership and management seems like a good start.

Every year I go to Sarasota and watch a spring game or two. I was thinking that this year a group could get together for a road trip. Should be fun... Golf in the morning, Reds in the afternoon and the dog track at night. (Maybe we'll see Pete at the track) JK. Anyway let’s try to plan something.

bcolvard

hi all I'm not really new here been reading for a year or so... I have been a reds fan since the big red machine days and was happy when drafted by them in 88... I became a member to keep track of a couple of guys I know from my home area (smitherman and shackleford) and to see if there is any other guys a played with in the minors on this site (88-92) I'm now a high school coach in Ok...

Welcome Revel and Bcol
    Go Gators!

uk1973

Hi everyone.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcolvard
    hi all I'm not really new here been reading for a year or so... I have been a reds fan since the big red machine days and was happy when drafted by them in 88... I became a member to keep track of a couple of guys I know from my home area (smitherman and shackleford) and to see if there is any other guys a played with in the minors on this site (88-92) I'm now a high school coach in Ok...
    Welcome, Coach. If you've got any good ball-playin' stories, you can watch the crew here crowd around you like kids around a campfire.

bcolvard

thanks Doc what kind of stories would you guys like to hear and about who? I only played with a few guys you would know...

bcolvard

I've also know Stephen Smitherman since he was a little kid and Brian Shakleford since he was in High school...

Turn Off Ads?