Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

Thread: Who should be the next Manager?

Threaded View

Re: Who do you want to be the next Reds manager?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Miley was a convenience reach. He wasn't the right guy, he was the nearest guy. To an extent, so is Mackanin, though I really like Mackanin so far. Wally Backman? Never. Literally, not in a million years.

Torre's never coming to Cincinnati, even if he's done with the Yankees. Though I'm not opposed to checking into a few name candidates, it's just that I want the Reds to create the mold and see who fits rather than the other way around.

There's a big pile of potential candidates out there. I'm not going to pretend to know them all. I mentioned Torey Luvullo in another thread. I don't know that he's the exact right guy (particularly because I've got no idea what the Reds are looking for), but he intrigues me.
    I am not necessarily endorsing Backman--I just mentioned him as someone without MLB experience who would be "outside the box". I am aware of his volatile history, though.

Luvullo is an interesting possibility, as well. He would be worth looking into, though Cleveland may want to hold on to him--there are some fans in the northern part of the state who are not fans of Eric Wedge!

I think that the Reds' front office--whether that is Krivsky, Jocketty (as has been rumored), or someone else--needs to sit down between now and the end of the season (or shortly after the season, if it is someone other than Wayne) and establish parameters and guidelines pertaining to the direction that it wants the club to follow, and then interview a number of candidates (both high-profile and lesser-known) to find the best fit. If Pete Mackanin does well in the second half of the season, I am not opposed to giving him an interview, should he be interested. But I don't want the Reds to simply hand him the reins, as they did with Dave Miley and Jerry Narron. It just isn't good business sense. (And don't get me wrong--I think Jerry is an outstanding person with great moral character. I wish him nothing but the best.)
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-05-2007 at 01:45 AM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?