Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next Manager?

Re: Ken Macha in the mix for Reds manager?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    648-368

wow. that's a damn good run by the A's.
    Thats averaging 92 losses a season......

Does that bump him to the top of the Reds wish list??????

:all_cohol
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

It's also 6 seasons worth of games.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Yeah, but he's averaging 162 wins a year, making him the (Don) Shula of the baseball world.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    368-280 record = .568 winning percentage
    .568 minus .125 with this bullpen = .443 winning percentage.

All kidding aside about the the flubbed record...

Macha was basically run out of town by his OWN players in Oakland. It's not that they didn't like him....he was HATED.

Tactically he's probably on par with just about any other manager. Give him a good team and he'll have a good record. But I think there are some serious questions concerning how he can manage personalities in the clubhouse. Is that a deal breaker? I don't know that it is. But a Macha-led team might have a harder time getting much sought after free agents they target to sign.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Macha was basically run out of town by his OWN players in Oakland. It's not that they didn't like him....he was HATED.
    I know that there are some of us who want to see a manager who's not afraid to leave his footprints on the back of a player's uniform pants. But I don't see how the Captain Queeg approach could be expected to yield sustainable success with today's athletes, many of whom possess broad definitions of "disrespect" and enormous egos. The time to seek out a "Bob Knight of the Baselines" has long past.
    /r/reds

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

All kidding aside about the the flubbed record...

Tactically he's probably on par with just about any other manager. Give him a good team and he'll have a good record. But I think there are some serious questions concerning how he can manage personalities in the clubhouse. Is that a deal breaker? I don't know that it is. But a Macha-led team might have a harder time getting much sought after free agents they target to sign.
    Average 92 wins per year for the Reds and I won't care if they flippin try to kill him every day...

The A's won alot during the regular season during Macha's tenure but when it came to the postseason the A's tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    The A's won alot during the regular season during Macha's tenure but when it came to the postseason the A's tanked.
    I know I would surely trade that in for what the Reds have done over the same span of time....

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I don't care if the players want the manager killed so long as the team is winning. Besides, he was managing Milton Bradley, so I'd guess he didn't have the easiest profession in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I know I would surely trade that in for what the Reds have done over the same span of time....
    I don't disagree, going to the playoffs without a ring is sure better than not going to the playoffs at all. I was just saying what seemed to happen after the A's got into the playoffs.

Haunted by walks

Didn't "Moneyball" portray Macha as a puppet of Beane and DePodesta?

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    Lets just get to the post-season.... we'll worry about that later.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Average 92 wins per year for the Reds and I won't care if they flippin try to kill him every day...
    Until the roster improves, Moses couldn't lead this team to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Didn't "Moneyball" portray Macha as a puppet of Beane and DePodesta?
    That was Art Howe.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?