Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA: Prospect Hot Sheet (Guess Who's #1)

BA: Prospect Hot Sheet (Guess Who's #1)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BA: Prospect Hot Sheet (Guess Who's #1)

And then there's the not so hot.

I see Clay Buchholz is continuing his sick ways.
    Last edited by klw; 07-02-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Check out the recent chat transcript with Chris Kline on BA's site. I wasn't sure if I could copy and paste the two questions with Jay Bruce-related answers.

Just scroll through the answers and search for "bruce".

http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/...1&rnd=1#bottom

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Check out the recent chat transcript with Chris Kline on BA's site. I wasn't sure if I could copy and paste the two questions with Jay Bruce-related answers.

Just scroll through the answers and search for "bruce".

http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/...1&rnd=1#bottom
    Is Bruce a "balls to the wall" type player? He also contradicts himself a lot there.

Interesting.

Q: Gerald from St. Louis asks:
    The US outfield features 4 out of the 5 big HS outfielders drafted in 2005- Rasmus, Upton, Maybin, and Bruce (missing McCutchen). Midway through 2007, how would you rank them?

A:
    Chris Kline: Shoot . . . we had so many outstanding OF to choose from on the U.S. side this year it was sick. I'm still a McCutchen fan--like big time--he's going to figure it out. I'll go weird and say Rasmus, Upton, Maybin, Bruce. I think Bruce is the best player of all of them, but he's going to run into too many walls and spend a lot of time on the DL. He's Darin Erstad . . . like the good version.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Interesting.

He's Darin Erstad . . . like the good version.
    I thought he was Larry Walker?

Does Erstad run into walls or something? I didn't get that.

I don't really see the comparison... even the good Darin Erstad wasn't Larry Walker. Maybe Bruce runs into walls, but he should be a better--or at least more powerful--hitter than Erstad ever has been.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I don't believe it...Scherzer's on the hot list and we haven't had any of the standard moaning about how we could have had him...my sanity thanks you.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I don't believe it...Scherzer's on the hot list and we haven't had any of the standard moaning about how we could have had him...my sanity thanks you.
    He actually was the guy I wanted last year. The whole Boras thing made it so he wasn't a viable choice for the Reds.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Johnny Cueto is going to be a major stud for the Reds IMO. He has three above average pitches that he can throw for strikes on both sides of the plate. His stuff is slightly below that of Homer Bailey's, however, his command is better at this point. Johnny should finish this year in Chattanooga, which should earn him an invite to Spring Training in 2008 before sending him to Louisville to begin the season. I suspect we'll see him in Cincy by this time next season if he continues to pitch like he has the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    If Drew keeps it up, there's going to be a whole lot of people who we can moan about rather having over Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    If Drew keeps it up, there's going to be a whole lot of people who we can moan about rather having over Stubbs.
    It should be noted Stubbs is on the Not-So-Hot list this week (for those who haven't clicked through on the BA link and read it to the end).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It should be noted Stubbs is on the Not-So-Hot list this week (for those who haven't clicked through on the BA link and read it to the end).
    You can't spell BUST without S-T-U-B-...

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    You can't spell BUST without S-T-U-B-...
    WERD.

Turn Off Ads?