Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opinions...

Opinions...

There was a trade just agreed upon in a league I'm in. I am just curious how bad everyone thinks it is. I'm not worried about it getting vetoed because I've given up trying to worry about vetoing trades but...

this trade is bad. This is a 2 player keeper league as well.

Team A gets:

Alfonso Soriano

Team B gets:

Billy Wagner
    Kevin Youkilis

The guy trading Soriano offered me Soriano and Peralta for Jose Reyes and then turns around and accepts this deal. I of course turned down the offer since I plan on having Reyes for many years to come.

Just curious is all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opinions...

It's difficult to say how bad it is without knowing the rest of the rosters on both sides. Just as a general talent for talent deal, I don't think it's the worst trade I've ever seen. Like I said, though, it'd be easier to judge if I saw the two team's rosters and knew what their strengths / weaknesses were. If the players team A is getting in return upgrade their roster more than Soriano does by himself, then obviously it's a better trade for him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I sure do feel sorry for team B. New closers are always coming on the market, and Youkilis is great for the bench but only so-so for a starting lineup.

I don't think it's that bad. I only veto for obvious collusion cases.

Oh, yeah. I guess I should answer that question, too. I wouldn't veto it because all those players are useful and could potentially have equal value for both teams.

Soriano is really good, but Wagner and Youkilis could be a good combo depending on the rest of the roster. Still, that's a pretty lopsided trade in favor of Team A.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?