Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack in the Box has a winner. Sirloin Burger is awesome.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Jack in the Box has a winner. Sirloin Burger is awesome.

My favorite burger of all time has to be from Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I was fortunate enough to live within walking distance of the original one in Arlington in the late 80's. Their boardwalk fries are almost as good as the burgers...they fry them in peanut oil. Unfortunately, the closest one to Cincy is currently in Indianapolis. I went to Jack-in-the-Box for the first time this year...I had to wait until I traveled to somewhere that still had them. I was unimpressed with their fries and shakes...the burger was pretty good though.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

2. Turn Off Ads?

As has been mentioned, we don't know Jack here in WV. I ate at one in San Luis Obispo a few years back and didn't care much for it, but yesterday I was in Nashville and, on RBA's advice, I stopped in and tried a sirloin burger.

Pretty good. I was even able to answer their "this or that" questions easily (I took swiss cheese & grilled onions). I thought it needed salt (and subsequently salted the burger, which I usually don't do), but the taste was good, the meat a higher-than usual quality, and overall, this was much better than my California visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post

On another note, a lot of people in KC prefer the wafer-thin, crispy hamburger patties at places like Culver's and Winstead's. That baffles me. Those burgers look and taste like the stuff you scrape off the grill after you're done cooking.
    I can't say they are my favorite, but every one in a while I like a Steak n' Shake style burger. Culver's is OK too.

A skinny burger cooked on the griddle with some crusty edges is not bad. It's a fine line between cooked so that it has a little of the crustiness yet tender and cooked so that it looks like a scab.

I think I like them because of the Frisch's grill cook in me. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a thick burger done on an outside grill, but skinny burgers are okay as a change of pace.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I've never eaten there (yet), but people who have been there rave about it.

http://www.localburger.com/

Only one location currently. There's talk of opening a second store in Kansas City (my fingers are crossed).
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Rally's double mushroom-n-swiss. I can't explain it, but I love them. Ditto for the Hardee's version Abner mentioned above.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?