Bonds, lf
    Klesko, 1b
    Molina, c
    Feliz, 3b
    Vizquel, ss
    Zito, lhp

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/3/2007 Reds vs Giants

I hope Freel can do better against lefties than what he was doing before he went on the DL.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Unless he's injured, Hamilton should be playing basically every day regardless of who is pitching. Considering we just had an off day, there is really no excuse here.

And Conine continues to bat clean-up against lefties. I'm sick of complaining about these line-ups, but the same problems keep coming back. It's only one day, but the same philosophy is still there.

Maybe the new guy is going to make changes slowly? Pete may not want to come in and immediately start changing things.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Maybe the new guy is going to make changes slowly? Pete may not want to come in and immediately start changing things.
    baby steps.

I heard he is a fan of the "99 Step Plan to go from Losers to Winners".
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Maybe Narron's lineups were already done, printed, and posted....

Pete says he plans to use Freel everyday and at all positions according to C. Trent.

Freel's PT should not come at the expense of Josh Hamilton, except for when he needs a day off for whatever reason.....I'm not sure who's it should, but Josh's it shouldn't.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    And Conine continues to bat clean-up against lefties.
    Perhaps because his OPS this season vs. LHP is .781. That's good for 3rd amongst Reds "regulars" vs. LHP. That's not good.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I imagine with the time available, he just penciled in what Jerry did and went with it to get a feel for this club.

at least I hope.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Perhaps because his OPS this season vs. LHP is .781. That's good for 3rd amongst Reds "regulars" vs. LHP. That's not good.
    I'm going to play the small sample size card.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Freel's PT should not come at the expense of Josh Hamilton, except for when he needs a day off for whatever reason.....I'm not sure who's it should, but Josh's it shouldn't.

This is 100% correct. In every respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Once Dunn is traded, Hammy will play every day. They don't want three lefty outfielders against Zito. Can't sit Griffey v. Bonds. Dunn doesn't sit against lefties either.

Guess he could have sat EE for Freel tonight, which would have resulted in 250 complaints around here.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-03-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Once Dunn is traded, Hammy will play every day. They don't want three lefty outfielders against Zito. Can't sit Griffey v. Bonds. Dunn doesn't sit against lefties either.

Guess he could have sat EE for Freel tonight, which would have resulted in 250 complaints around here.
    Too many bodies I guess, and only 8 slots....

Interesting note on John Fay's blog about tonight's game.

Rob Butcher was kind enough to pass this along. It's courtesy of the Elias Sports Bureau...

Tonight’s game between the Reds and Giants will feature 2 players with a total of 1,335 home runs (Bonds 750, Griffey 585).

It is the highest home run total between 2 players entering a game since Cleveland played at Milwaukee on 8/1/76 and featured 1,341 homers between Frank Robinson (586) and Hank Aaron (755).

The game with the most homers between 2 players occurred on 7/17/73, when the Mets played at Atlanta. Willie Mays entered that game with 658 homers and Hank Aaron had 697 for a total of 1,355. Aaron homered in that game to bring the total to 1,356.

Turn Off Ads?