Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valaika promoted

Valaika promoted

Shows up on Sarasota roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Valaika promoted

Good to see. He's really been hitting the cover off the ball lately. Well deserved, IMO, and opens up a space at Dayton for Cozart to play SS everyday.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He deserved it, and Cozart can play SS now.

We need to get Fraizer signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Good to see. He's really been hitting the cover off the ball lately. Well deserved, IMO, and opens up a space at Dayton for Cozart to play SS everyday.
    Actually over his last 10 games he is hitting .194.

Not that he doesn't deserve to be in Sarasota, but the Reds picked a poor time to make the decision to promote him.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Actually over his last 10 games he is hitting .194.

Not that he doesn't deserve to be in Sarasota, but the Reds picked a poor time to make the decision to promote him.
    You're right. I was thinking of Heisey, who has really heated up the last week or so.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

You're right. I was thinking of Heisey, who has really heated up the last week or so.
    Not to mention, Heisey is tearing up the bases with (I think) around 15 thefts.

Post All-Star break, in 12 games Heisey is 20-45 for a .444 BA. 8R, 4 2B, 2HR, 10RBI, 5BB, 6K, 2SB, .510 OBP, .667 SLG, 1.176 OPS.

Nice to see him playing well.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Heisey is someone who I would keep an eye on as a late round pick who might be something. Not sure why, I just get that feeling from him.

Heisey was on fire to start the year, then hit a pretty bad lull. I agree, it's nice to see him rebounding. He has a Freel-esque feel to his game, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Heisey is someone who I would keep an eye on as a late round pick who might be something. Not sure why, I just get that feeling from him.
    Now that this thread has been totally de-railed, I'll continue...

I love watching Heisey play. He's max effort every game it seems like. He might not be gifted with the best all around tools, but he shows no deficiencies in any of the tools, either. He's one of those bust your butt types. If he continues to succeed and advance I think Reds fans will love him.

So, congratulations on your promotion, Mr. Valaika!
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Valaika hasn't been that impressive since about mid-May. Turner argueably has been a better player and deserved the promotion more. More walks.

I wonder if they will have Cozart or Heisey hitting in the 2 hole and move Turner to the 3 hole. Dayton has been having a tough time scoring lately.
    I noticed they did not move anyone in Sarasota to make room for Valaika. They are going to have to make some moves when guy's like Dorn and Piepkorn come off the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman15 View Post
    I wonder if they will have Cozart or Heisey hitting in the 2 hole and move Turner to the 3 hole. Dayton has been having a tough time scoring lately.
    I noticed they did not move anyone in Sarasota to make room for Valaika. They are going to have to make some moves when guy's like Dorn and Piepkorn come off the DL.
    Heisey hit in the 2 hole and Turner hit in the 3 hole in one of the games I atteneded this year when Francisco was out of the lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Heisey 2nd and Turner 3rd with Valaika gone.

I like Turner's game as well. Always seems to have good at-bats and he battles up there. He doesn't give anything away at the plate, and really seems to dislike it when he doesn't perform. Not that he gets all down on himself or anything, but you can tell he's competitive and pushes himself to perform.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turner should be promoted too -- he was drafted as a college senior (like Dorn), so, beyond the fact his performance warrants a move up, age-wise he's behind where he should be. Sarasota 2nd baseman Michael DeJesus is not a prospect -- though he is mighty scrappy and all - so move him out and let Turner continue his development.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Heisey certainly looks to be a better offensive prospect than Stubbs.

Is his D comparable?

Turn Off Ads?