Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Steal a Seat from GABP, Go to Jail

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Steal a Seat from GABP, Go to Jail

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...S01/307030001/

Fan charged with taking seat

BY KIMBALL PERRY | KPERRY@ENQUIRER.COM

Batavia’s Bradley Hosler had a great seat for Sunday’s Reds game.
    Hosler liked the right-centerfield so much, police say he decided to keep it.
    Hosler, 20, was charged with vandalism and theft after police said he broke the seat – Section 142, Row 3, Seat 4 – and took it out of Great American Ball Park.

“To our knowledge, no one’s ever made it outside the ball park with a seat,” Reds’ spokesman Rob Butcher said today.

Hosler, listed as 6-foot-8 inches tall in the police report, apparently broke the seat portion – the part where fans sit – of his chair and decided to take it home as a souvenir.

Hosler must really like the Reds. In his court appearance today, he wore a Reds T-shirt.

It’s not unusual, Butcher said, for the seat portion to break because it’s plastic and people often stand on them to cheer or even get a better view.

Hosler was at the Sunday’s Reds loss to the St. Louis Cardinals.

He was arrested at 4:15 p.m. Sunday just outside the 1000 Main St. stadium.

Hosler was charged with vandalism and theft and ordered held on $1,500 bond.

/r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Steal a Seat from GABP, Go to Jail

Guy broke it, just let him have it
    Go Gators!

He was arrested at 4:15 p.m. Sunday just outside the 1000 Main St. stadium.

I had no idea they moved the stadium 10 blocks north. :
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://www.wlwt.com/print/14227080/detail.html

Reds Fan Banned For Stealing Seat
    Man Admits Alcohol Played Role In Attempted Theft

POSTED: 11:13 am EDT September 28, 2007
    CINCINNATI -- A Reds fan who ripped a seat out of Great American Ball Park after the team's July 1 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals has been banned from the ballpark for one year.

A Hamilton County judge also sentenced 20-year-old Bradley Hosler to pay restitution of $350 to the park.

Hosler could have faced jail or probation for disorderly conduct.

Cincinnati police caught Hosler leaving the downtown ballpark with the plastic seat. The Reds' spokesman said Hosler was the first person to ever make it out of the stadium with a seat.

In court, Hosler acknowledged alcohol played a role in what the Cincinnati city prosecutor called "the great stadium seat caper."
    /r/reds

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I had no idea they moved the stadium 10 blocks north. :
    Make room for the banks project that still won't happen

Reds Fan Banned For Stealing Seat
    Man Admits Alcohol Played Role In Attempted Theft
    No kidding? I am shocked to learn that alcohol played a part in this.

Our vintage base ball teams were in the tunnel under the stadium waiting for the game to end to go out and play and we saw this guy being taken away.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The thing is, as drunk as I've gotten before, stealing a stadium seat never popped into my numb little head...

His technique was poor. If you really want a seat, you'll take one from the top row in right field and hurl it over the wall to your friends, who are waiting in a dune buggy beside the river.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Johnny, you don't by chance know of any other seats missing? And what about other stadiums, any missing there? I got a bowling pin from a lane before, my first 200 game, I couldn't resist

He is 20 years old did he come in that drunk or bring it or have a friend buy it if not the studium stafff is very lax and setting them up for big fines if they are selling to underage fans.

Turn Off Ads?